Tired puppy at night time

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by nicky, Apr 5, 2016.

1. nicky

nicky Registered Users

Hi all.

So Luna is now a 5 month bundle of (mostly!) joy. She's doing pretty well on most things, however recall when other dogs are around is still really tough.

My question however is about puppies (and maybe older dogs) at night time. During the day, she will wake whenever I move, but after 7pm, she's out! She will move rooms when we do, but generally, she will sleep through most of our movement.

Is this common for puppies?

Nicky & Luna

2. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

Bramble is 4 months old, and generally crashes out after 8pm...we tend to restrict her playing at that time as she doesn't know how tired she is and can get grouchy. We have 2 other dogs so lots of motivation to play!
    We crate her during the day, so when she is in there she normally chews a kong and then dozes. I find the crate helps Bramble to relax when we are in a different room :)

Cath likes this.
  3. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Charlie settles down after we've had supper (up until then he is keen to offer his services should we need any assistance eating food or licking plates), then he won't move until it's time to tell us to take him out for last wees and after that he just wants to go to bed. He think it is most unreasonable that we sometimes want to stay up watching telly!

He has always been like this, even as a puppy.

Cath likes this.
  4. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

Juno's routine has always been dinner, play, settle down and sleep from around 7:45 . She may get up and wander to the kitchen for a drink but apart from that she's snoozing on her bed in the lounge or snoozing on my feet until I decide it's bedtime.

Cath likes this.
  5. Cath

Cath Registered Users

Annie is 5 months in 4 days time and doesn't go in her crate in the day any more. She dozes after her morning walk in her dog bed or in Fred's. She is out in the garden with me most days, in and out of the greenhouses. After we have all had supper, about 8 pm she sleeps by the fire or on the sofa with Fred until its bedtime. After her night time wee she goes in her crate until morning.

MaccieD likes this.
  6. nicky

nicky Registered Users

Thanks all. Sounds like she's a "normal" puppy! :)

MaccieD likes this.
  7. Calbury

Calbury Registered Users

Yes Nugget is the same too. 8.30 is usually the latest for him then he's out until morning (apart from the late night wee). And he's 13 weeks.

8. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

Just be very, very grateful! My puppy was HELL in the evenings, rushing around when I wanted to relax!