Toilet During the Night!!!

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by MikeMiller82, Apr 14, 2014.

1. MikeMiller82

MikeMiller82 Registered Users

Hi Everyone,

I have come across a new issue which is becoming frustrating and I am wondering if any of you have come across this before.

We feed Max 3 times a day, 6am, 12 noon and then approx 5-6pm. I have been taking him out to the beach and for walks etc but after his 5-6 meal he doesn't go for a poo until 4am in the morning, he only wakes up to do this aswell.

On Friday he did manage to go for a poo before bed and slept right through, but if he does not (which has been every night except friday) he is up between 3am and 4am to do his business.

I was out walking him for an hour last night but he seemed to make no difference and now that I think back as soon as we walked into the house he went and had a wee in the kitchen.

Do you have any ideas on what we can do?

Thanks

Michael

2. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Re: Toilet During the Night!!!

How old is he? Two feeds a day are plenty for a dog over 8 months old imo.

Are his poos of a good soft but firm consistency or a bit hard? - maybe he needs something to help them move along?

Pro fibre is brill for digestive health (people will think I am on commission I recommend it so often!!).

:)

3. MikeMiller82

MikeMiller82 Registered Users

Hi,

Max is 12 weeks old, his poo's very in consistency although he feeds purely on James Wellbeloved dry food. I have never heard of needing any additional foods to help things move along.

Would he still need Pro fibre?

Thanks

4. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

I have always sprinked a little pro fibre (about a teaspoonful on each meal) for my dogs as it has pro and pre biotics along with the fibre. I have actimel, they have pro fibre.

Their poos are always soft and firm, but not if I run out of the pro fibre! (this is so for all my pooches, 'tho I only have Tatze now, the others lived to 15+)

:)

5. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Hi Michael.
    I don't add anything to Lilly's food apart from omega-3 fish oil and an anti inflammatory tablet both for her hips.
    Do you think changing her feeding times would be an option (if possible)? Perhaps later morning feed and later evening and somewhere in between? Normally would think 5 or 6 pm would have been ok though :-\.
    My observation on the early morning would be that if feeding very first thing your pup might decide to wake you up early for brekkie ;D (been there done that)

6. Edp

Edp Registered Users

Hi Mike, I was just wondering how you were getting along and if you sorted the problem, how did you do it ??? My Meg has been doing the same and we have been on pretty much the same schedule as you. She is 10 1/2 weeks. Last night though no poo in the night ! Is this the start of no poo or just a one off ? Fingers crossed :)