Toilet trouble

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by LylaP, Aug 29, 2019.

1. LylaP

LylaP Registered Users

In fairly desperate need of advice as I’m beginning to think things will never improve. We have an 8 month old golden lab who has always been very needy. She was born in a house with children and was not that often outside for the first 8 weeks of her life. We’ve had real trouble toilet training her and thought we had cracked it until a couple of weeks ago she started pooing in her crate. We tried removing the crate incase this was making her upset as we do have another older lab in the house and thought sleeping with her may help. I coupled this with feeding her in the morning and mid afternoon. This seems to have worked, but now she has started peeing in the house again. Came down to toilet this morning and then this evening she just got up off the couch and peed on the living room rug. I despair that 8 months on she would do this. Where have I gone wrong? It’s worth mentioning her poos are often quite soft as well and she has a lot of wind so any suggestions on a new food to try would be great. Thanks in advance.