Tornado interactive game

Discussion in 'Products and supplies for puppies' started by Jane Martin, May 2, 2014.

1. Jane Martin

Jane Martin Registered Users

This has just arrived and as I don't have my pup yet I might try it out on the cats.
    Has anyone else got this? It wasn't that expensive so I thought I'd give it a whirl ;)

2. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Re: Tornado interactive game

I had to google this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001KZ8FWE?pc_redir=1398998653&robot_redir=1

Very interested to hear how it goes (even just in cat trials). I guess they are meant to be a supervised toy? We don't have any puzzle games but I sometimes wonder if I should give one a try. Let us know what you think when you get it :) Particularly interested in how durable you think it is.

3. Jane Martin

I put it on the puppy products because that's who it's for but it occurred to me that an older dog might easily turn it over. It's pictured with a German Shepherd so implies it is strong. It also came with a DVD, which I haven't looked at yet.

There are lots of compartments on 3 swivelling levels, so it could be amusing to watch! I will try it out on the cats and see if I can film it :eek: :eek:

It's just another toy in case my pup needs occupying. I have quite an arsenal ;D

4. Oberon

Sorry, I didn't read properly and thought it had yet to be delivered :) Thanks for that info!

Always good to have an extensive puppy entertainment toolkit! :)

5. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

I tried these types of puzzles when Charlie was a bit older, around 9 months. He loved them - a wooden one that he reduced to matchsticks was particularly popular, even more so because it had little trap doors that were very satisfying to snap off, as they were a bit tricky to get teeth round so needed minutes of applied determination.

I look at pictures of well behaved dogs calmly playing with such things with great envy. I don't have such a dog though.

6. Oberon

Haha, yeah. We once got Obi a thing called "The Everlasting Treat Toy".

42 minutes.

7. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

[quote author=JulieT link=topic=5721.msg73017#msg73017 date=1399099364]
    I tried these types of puzzles when Charlie was a bit older, around 9 months. He loved them - a wooden one that he reduced to matchsticks was particularly popular, even more so because it had little trap doors that were very satisfying to snap off, as they were a bit tricky to get teeth round so needed minutes of applied determination.

I look at pictures of well behaved dogs calmly playing with such things with great envy. I don't have such a dog though.
    [/quote]
    ;D ;D ;D
    I love your sense of fun!

8. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

I'd be interested in knowing what people's most successful toys are. Before Pongo arrived we went on a shopping spree in Pets At Home and bought several toys / bones etc. In fact his favourite-est favourite toys are (in descending order:(

1 the old scruffy bath towel - for wrestling
    2 the empty plastic milk carton (replaced with new one every few days) - for chasing round the room and making lots of noise
    3 the heavy-duty cardboard box (got through quite a few of these) - for pure joy of destruction
    4 daddy's croc clogs - for chewing, as soon as daddy has finished with them each evening, just to show that they really belong to Pongo
    5 the old loo brush (without the brushy bit) - because it rolls around provocatively and noisily and is easy to chew
    6 the vet bed - when not sleeping on it, it is The Enemy and is pounced on and attacked.

The toys bought from Pets At Home come a long way down the list!

Rosie

9. Hollysdad

Hollysdad Supporting Member Forum Supporter

We have that game. Holly played it for a while but it became a bit of a chore for her. She would go through the motions, but was more interst in just getting at the treats.

Her favourite toy is a yellow stuffed octopus that we got from Pets at Home. This is her official greeting toy for all visitors, and is her "go to" toy when I come home from work.

10. Jane Martin

I did think plastic milk cartons and big cardboard boxes. I have kongs (in readiness) but no fluffy things. Actually, I bought a lilac hand towel for coming home. I know she can't see lilac but I liked it. :D The interactive toy is for when she is a little older or a rainy day!

11. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Orange squeaky snake here for Charlie the Snake Charmer ;D ;D

12. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Charlie loves toys - all toys. He also loves any household item that he can nick - but the tippery-top-tip-top best thing to nick is the hob knob (the knob from the hob, rather than the biscuit, although I'm sure he'd love the biscuit version!).

13. Nicmorris

Nicmorris Registered Users

My old girl loved a plastic bottle and a cardboard box to destruct.
    We haven't learnt though and have bought enough toys (mainly kong toys) to start our own pet shop in readiness for our new pup!
    My girls want to but something from the pet shop every weekend and Mummy's gone a little mad on the net too!!!

14. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Umm....PLANTPOTS
    Have you proofed your garden yet?

And, yes......Plastic bottles, in particular flavoured milk bottles (my son loves that banana milk stuff - Lilly always got the bottle afterwards to worry.
    There seems to be something about plastic bottle to do with the lid - they seem to lose their attraction a bit once the lid is off.

Anything with a squeaker - ripe for some dissection, destuffing and squeakerectomy :D

15. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

The Kong Wobbler was great for Tatze - kept her entertained and slowed her feeding down too :)

I don't use it for her now but I will with the pup when (if) it comes :)

16. MadMudMob

MadMudMob Registered Users

17. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Interesting review (the comments too) - thanks Roz

18. MadMudMob

MadMudMob Registered Users

My pleasure [​IMG]

19. Oberon

Yeah, great review! Very helpful :)

20. Jane Martin

Thanks, Mad Mud Mob or triple M, for short!