Tough toys?

Discussion in 'Products for dogs & their owners' started by Boogie, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

What are your longest lasting dog toys?

Twiglet (innocent as she looks!) is a toy destroyer. I keep a box of toys for us to play with together, but there is very little I can leave her with - even when I'm in the room. Just nylabones and Kongs.

2. JohnG

JohnG Registered Users

Check out "Tuffy" Toys, they are built like tanks! Never had to consign one to the bin yet!
    They are squeeky/soft toys, but not plush soft, they are quite hard to give them their strength.

We normally get about a year out of a Kong Wubba too (including puppyhood). Make sure it's the plain ones though. I make the mistake of trying the "friends" ones with ears and arms. I find that anything with loose flappy bits are begging to be ripped off, then once you have a puncture wound total toy destruction is never far behind :)

3. charlie

charlie Registered Users

I like Kyjen toys which are very tough. I bought a Snake for Charlie over 2 years ago and it's still going strong, no damage at all and he really puts it through it's paces!! You can buy them in Pets at Home for about £7, a few animal varieties too x :)

4. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

My Charlie, for all he'll tear up a dummy given the chance, is not all that tough on his toys. He carries them and wants to play tuggie rather than chews them, although he'll have a nibble and rip things up if they start coming apart. I don't leave him alone with toys though, you never know....

I've had a red lobster, an alien seacreature, and alligator from Tuffy's since he was a pup and they are still fine. He has nibbled the ridges on Gary the Gator, but that's about it:
    [h=1]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tuffys-Gary-Gator-Alligator-Dog/dp/B000OC7PEI[/h]

5. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Yup.....:D:D:D

6. Jane Martin

Jane Martin Registered Users

I have two toys made out of fire hose material that refuse to be destroyed.

7. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Oh yes I have one of those, they are very, very tough. The one I have is Katie's Bumpers. :)

8. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Thank you both - I have found them, now made by Kong - http://tinyurl.com/z6gujj9

9. Yvonne

Yvonne Registered Users

Kongs and Nylabones. Everything else is destroyed by my 22 month old Cooper......if it;s fabric, it's shredded in a minute! Even plastic...like a plastic ball.....gone. I've had the large Kongs now for over a year and we use them every day with frozen kibble and they just last....and he DOES chew them. Everything else has been a waste of money.

10. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

Coco is a dreadful shredder/tearer/bibbler. His latest "toy" is made out of some old climbing strops (they are condemned after so many years) & seems to be standing up to his abuse - tug & chuck. He's never left alone with toys though.