Travel sickness

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Holliesmum, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Holliesmum

Holliesmum Registered Users

Hollie has been in the car quite a few times but we were holding her, this morning I took her to meet a work colleague and her very large and absolutely gorgeous lab boy called hero.

Anyway she was fine for the 20 min trip sat on her bed on the seat with a car harness on, once we stopped I got a ticket for the car park and Returned for Hollie she had been sick it had been 1 1/2 hours since her breakfast??

Is there anything I could have done differently?

Could you all help with submissive behaviour, Hollie would play with hero if he wasn't really paying her attention but as soon as he turns to face her she would be on her back or would lie down, Is this due to the size of the other dog? She is fine with little dogs?

Thanks in advance
    Esther

2. Jane Martin

Jane Martin Registered Users

Re: Travel sickness

Hi, I think the submissive behaviour is fine; she is just doing dog talk and saying hello. Unless there's any danger I think just observe and let them do their thing.
    The car sickness could just be a one off. Was there anything different about how she was travelling? Maybe leave a couple of hours before the car trip next time, keep to short journeys and build up gradually. I bet you will get lots of reassurance from your post :)

3. Holliesmum

Holliesmum Registered Users

Thank you for the reply

4. Leanangle

Leanangle Registered Users

She may of been anxious becuse you had to go get a ticket & leave her by herslef for a min or so. I wouldnt worry to much.

5. Penny+Me

Penny+Me Registered Users

If it was the first time she's travelled without you holding her she has to get used to a whole new momentum whilst travelling.