Tucking puppy up at night

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Loopyloo30, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Loopyloo30

Loopyloo30 Registered Users

Does anyone else do this with their pups at night? Bob has a thick vet bed in his crate and 2 fleeces. I fluff them both up and create a pillow on one side and then pull the other one over him to make a cover. Usually just his nose is sticking out when he's all tucked up.. He usually makes a tiny little bark noise.. like he's saying good night. Maybe I'm just totally nuts, but I like doing it for him and it's nice to know he's all warm and snuggly at night.

Bit of a pointless post really but just wanted to share LOL!

Lou x

2. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Re: Tucking puppy up at night

Photo please! :D

No. No, I don't. I'm obviously a cruel and heartless Mummy.

3. Loopyloo30

[quote author=snowbunny link=topic=9435.msg135702#msg135702 date=1420726509]
    Photo please! :D

No. No, I don't. I'm obviously a cruel and heartless Mummy.
    [/quote]

I will tonight, the poor dog will be blinded by the flash LOL! But I will, he just looks soooo cute when I leave him. And I don't feel so bad going upstairs to my thick duvet and king sized bed afterwards tee hee!

4. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

I second the call for a photo!

I wrapped Obi up after I washed him when he got home (he was sick on himself on the journey) and he looked adorable. He has a tendency to be too hot though so I don't cover him with anything normally.

Riley is a big, rough, tough lab ( ;D ;D ;D ) so he doesn't need anything he says. He does like a snuggle on the sofa til he gets too warm or needs to stretch out though ;)

5. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

My OH pushes Charlie off hogging all the pillows...that's his goodnight. ;D ;D ;D

6. Penny+Me

Penny+Me Registered Users

I make Penny's bed all nice and cosy for her ready to get in when I leave for work or put her to bed... Then in the morning or when I get home it's all scuffed up it half hanging out of the basket so she obviously doesn't appreciate my efforts and thinks she can do a better job lol!

7. sunsetpines

sunsetpines Registered Users

Bella sleeps on our bed with us ::) Sometimes on our pillows, sometimes near our feet, sometimes in between us, and sometimes under the covers....she moves around a lot, probably due to how warm/cold it is in the room at the time. DH sleeps very "HOT", which can be good on a cold night...but can make everyone else hot too on a warm night. Me, Bella, and Mo the cat all either snuggle close to him....or push him away regularly. ::)

So, no routine tucking in our bed...we all just pile in and settle in for the night. 8)

8. Jen

Jen Registered Users

I'm obviously really cruel as I put my dogs outside at night !!!

I do arrange 7 fleece blankets (4 in summer) on their fleece covered waterproof dog bed only to find in the morning that they've usually been kicked off in the night. ::)

9. Yvonne

Yvonne Registered Users

Lou, that is adorable! Tucking your puppy in at night! I now feel like an awful human being!!! No, from day one when I brought Cooper home, he was crated with nothing on the metal floor (breeder suggested this so he could not choke on anything)....he is now 10 months old and still is crated with nothing on metal bottom. He loves his crate....goes in on his own when he is ready to go to sleep. Also, Labs run really hot so covering them.....I dont know......they jump into frozen lakes and swim so imagine they dont need to be covered but.....if you have done this from day one and Bob loves it.....good for him and you.

10. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

[quote author=Yvonne link=topic=9435.msg135747#msg135747 date=1420742275]
    No, from day one when I brought Cooper home, he was crated with nothing on the metal floor (breeder suggested this so he could not choke on anything)....he is now 10 months old and still is crated with nothing on metal bottom.
    [/quote]

Charlie would pack his bowl and go. No two ways about it.... ;D ;D ;D He is pretty miffed when we make him move off the pillows. Although more often than not, I give in, let him have my pillows and sleep in the spare room! ;D ;D ;D

11. Jane Martin

Jane Martin Registered Users

Chepi has vetbed on the bottom of her crate, two fleeces go slightly up the sides to stop drafts and I have a throw to go over the top of of her crate, again to stop drafts from the cat flap. It's freezing when the wind blows through. She gets a pat on the head and " see you in the morning, good girl" then I follow a sequence of turning lights off!

12. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

[quote author=JulieT link=topic=9435.msg135749#msg135749 date=1420742860]
    Charlie would pack his bowl and go. No two ways about it.... ;D ;D ;D
    [/quote]

;D ;D ;D I need to meet Charlie. He's such a legend!

13. Looby Lou

Looby Lou Registered Users

My boys have a thick quilt folded and inside two quilt covers to try and make it last a bit longer before they chew the corners off and de-stuff it, a vet bed and a dog quilt on top. I never cover them cos I think they'd end up tangled, but they always go straight to the back of the crate and snuggle up together, so I guess that's their heating ;D

I also think they would pack up and go if they had no bed - way too spoilt already with full access to all our leather sofas while we are in :-[ x

14. Loopyloo30

Guess that means I"m officially nuts then HA HA!

(will remember to take a pic later... )

x

15. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

[quote author=snowbunny link=topic=9435.msg135759#msg135759 date=1420746199]
    [quote author=JulieT link=topic=9435.msg135749#msg135749 date=1420742860]
    Charlie would pack his bowl and go. No two ways about it.... ;D ;D ;D
    [/quote]

;D ;D ;D I need to meet Charlie. He's such a legend!
    [/quote]

I'm pretty stuck in London mostly until Easter...but let me know if you come to Cornwall...never know...when are you coming with the pups?

16. leejane

leejane Mum to the Mooster

From about 4 months, Monty has had a double quilt inside his cage, sort of folded over, and a further quilt on his settee in the conservatory where he spends a fair bit of time snoozing. The 'beds' that come with cages seemed really insubstantial, especially after a few washes (and having a puppy with giardia for over two months means that you do a lot a of washing) and old human duvets have really stood up to the test so far.

But outside of the cage, despite having a really comfy bed in both the lounge and kitchen, he is often very happy on tiled floor or wood, so I sometimes wonder if he gets a bit overwarm in the winter...

17. Loopyloo30

Goodnight from Bob!!!

[​IMG]

Lou xx

18. Merla

Merla Registered Users

Awwwwww! Night night Bob :*

19. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Lol ;D night Bob ;)

Harley sleeps on our bed so doesn't need tucking in ;D she usually ends up with her head on my tummy and a paw across me somewhere :)

20. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users