Unsuccessful potty training!

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Weensta, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Weensta

Weensta Registered Users

Poppy has been living with us now for over two weeks and the potty training is not going great. We will have a couple of good days and then it all goes downhill.
    We are regularly going outside with her and sometimes we will stand outside but she will wait until she comes in and then go. Last night she would go out for a wee and then come in and do another. This happened three times in a row for my husband. I have some treats by the back door so that I can give her one when she goes outside. Any tips would be gratefully received :D

2. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Hello there

You need to go out with your puppy into the garden every time - don't miss any at all - and take the treats with you. As soon as she does a wee, give her 3 treats. Count them out so she knows she gets three treats, one, two, three. And you need to do this for a long time - consistently, for as long as it takes for her to be completely reliable in the house.

If she doesn't go outside, or if she has a second wee when she comes back in, then you need to supervise her when she comes back in, ideally put her in a crate, and then try again in 20 minutes.

Best of luck with it.