Update on Millie

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by kateincornwall, Nov 28, 2013.

1. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Just thought some may be interested to know how she is doing :)
    Its almost five months since Millie ( AKA Scruffpup ) came to live with us , it seems like she has been here forever :) She was very anxious when she first came but as the months go on , she is relaxing more and more . She is fine to be left with big Sam for a couple of hours during the day and in the evening she will be in bed by 7 and apart from being coaxed out for a last wee, she doesnt move until 8 the following day . I put this down to all the exercise and brain training she has, she is like a little sponge, soaking it all up , loving every minute of it . She isnt fussy with food but like many former strays, she is always on the lookout for food so we do have to exercise caution and not give in to her begging .
    Thankfully the phantom pregnancy is behind her now , she did suffer emmotionally and so we are grateful that it is over and that the timing of her spay on January 3rd is just right .
    She adores Sam , and he her . She follows him when off lead, only deviating to chase the odd squirrel , something he cant be bothered to do, but being a terrier type, its not going to be easy to stop her , she doesnt chase far and always turns to run back to me .
    I have her hooked on retreiving tennis balls which looks quite comical, but she adores it and the activity helps to keep her close to me offlead .
    Her character shines through more and more each day , she craves affection but there is no rivalry between them , she is a very good little housedog, not a yapper but unlike Sam , she will bark when the doorbell rings :)
    There is still work to do , her recall from other dogs is hit and miss but she will always come back to me and never follows others so all in all , she is very good indeed and has made a lovely addition to our family, bless her . At around seven years old ( we think ) its a harder job to train her than it would have been with a younger dog but her willingness to please is a massive help, plus her love of food :)

2. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Re: Update on Millie

She sounds just lovely. Lucky you - and lucky Millie, having found such a wonderful home. A marriage made in heaven! :D

3. ClareJ

ClareJ Registered Users

Really glad that the stress of the phantom pregnancy is now behind you all. Long may she be a character in such a happy home!
    Clare

4. Naya

Naya Registered Users

I'm so glad for all of you. I read your post about her phantom pregnancies and my heart went out to her. I'm so glad she is through that. I can't imagine what she has been through, but I think she has found the perfect home now. :)

5. Jen

Jen Registered Users

Your doggy family sounds perfect. It's lovely that she has found such a happy loving home and that you found such a happy loving dog. :D

6. lynnelogan

lynnelogan Registered Users

millie as been a star from day one,.....so lucky to get a forever loving home :)

7. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

reading that was like having a hug - happy times ahead for all :)

8. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

Always great to hear how the little moppet is doing. She sounds like she's settled in so well - yay for her and yay for you!! ;D

9. lois

lois Registered Users

How lovely and lucky little Millie x

10. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Ah, Kate, you've done such a good job with her. So lovely to hear how she has settled in so well. She loves you, Paul and Sam right back!

11. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Ah scruff pup!not allowed,she's a little cutie pie.... :* everything I hear about her makes me love her a little bit more by proxy of you Kate!its delightful hearing of her progress....it's been a tricky run for her and you,I've been sad when you've told us about her season issues but .....this should all be behind her...what a lovely adjusted dog you have in Sam that he accepts and loves her.a successful rescue story for sure x

12. Puppypal

Puppypal Registered Users

Sounds like she is settling in well and making a lasting impression on you. She sounds such a great little dog, i know how hard rescue dogs can be, you are doing a good job with her. She is very grateful to have you as her owner

13. debsie

debsie Registered Users

Lovely to hear how well little Millie is settling in. Bless her. She has found a lovely forever home and you have found a lovely addition to the family :)

14. tartanmouse

tartanmouse Registered Users

I feel like I know them both Kate, the lovely way you talk about them. It's like she's one of the furry friends we meet on our walks, and we're seeing her develop into a lovely young lady!
    [size=8pt](Then the other side of me secretly hopes that her 1st temporary family read it, and always regret what they did.)[/size]

15. David

David Registered Users

Really goo d stuff, Kate. Love reading about Millie. Please can you keep up a regular update, do you think? :)

16. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Lovely to have an update and to hear that she's going so well :)