Very Excited!

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Dexter, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

In my constant quest for dog facilities here....I have found out that there is a guy who rents a villa on The Palm( where I took Dexter a few times for illegal swimming) purely for his fee paying 'friends' to go and visit him and let their dogs play on his section of beach and swim in his section of the sea.....I don't mind being a fee paying 'friend' ;D .....Barni and Tam' are coming with us too.For the fee we get 2 hours to have the beach to ourselves and hilariously he told me on the phone he has kayaks and paddle boards if you want to have a go on them with your dog.Im actually killing myself laughing even typing that!!!m ;D ;D ;D Dexter on a paddle board,oh my lord, and it would be a case of 'See ya!' To another iPhone while I tried to get a picture of it!anyway at the moment it is the only way I can seem to get him to have a legitimate swim....the sneaky ones were too stressful.....and actually not very safe as we were so busy watching out for the cops...the dogs were getting a bit hyper ....this should be a bit more calmer although I'm not really sure what kind of set up we are going too.
    Will let you know how we do........you never know,we might make the 'fun' item on the regional news :
    'Dexter the wake boarding UAE Labrador ' 8) watch out for us....... ;D
    The little bugger has just got his frisbee out my packed bag while I was typing this....guess we won't be playing frisbee tomorrow! ::). Will let you know!
    Nnite x

2. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Re: Very Excited!

Brill! That sounds just the thing! Photos please!

Kayaking dogs...OH is not at all interested in my retrieve efforts - he wants to buy a kayak that will be comfy for both him and Charlie so they can disappear off for a boys' picnic up the river....yeah, right, I'll put kayaking training on the to-do list!

http://topkayaker.net/Articles/Instruction/KayakingPets.htm

3. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Oh that's fantastic, legitimate swimming for dogs, have a great time :) Helen x

4. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Hope that works out for you Angela, keep us updated!

5. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

That sounds brilliant Angela!
    Fingers crossed it works out for you :)

6. debsie

debsie Registered Users

that sounds great! sounds like Dexter and his mates will have a ball....

7. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Fantastic!!!!!! :D I'm sure you'll have a ball and I can't wait for the pics ;D

8. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

How nice for you to come out from the dark side and be legal again!! :D

9. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Dogs had a great time,Dexter is a brilliant swimmer but he couldn't keep up with his cousins...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/97066992@N03/sets/72157635641700524

Today I was also quite happy that Dexter doesn't like chasing balls......Barni and Tam hoovered up so much water and sand they were both really sick.....I've been so lucky,this was our 3rd beach swim and apart from a loose tummy that passes quickly we don't have any ill effects.we knew salt water can be bad for them ,but Karen rang the vets and they said bring them both in as it can be REALLY bad for them so its worked out an expensive swim for her......shes come away with electrolyte powders for them :( so difficult here ,there is just nowhere to take them.
    Don't worry Lisa,I'm still 'Underground' 8) this was NOT a legit operation ;).....just a bloke who rents a villa on a beach and is providing the facility of a swim which subsidizes his income.

Here is the furry one since we got in.....he's pegged out!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/97066992@N03/9814284055/

And,we recalled successfully back from the sea and another cocker spaniel we met.....we did NOT recall successfully from 2 other neighboring villas....no boundary walls either ,so I think I saw a slobber mark on someone's French windows :-[.....whistle got put away after that ......something to work on if we go again!
    Have a great day everyone ....Hubby back now so all reunited :D x

10. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

That looks like a great trip out and Dexter is looking fab!!

My inlaws previous dog always used to swallow too much sea water and he would offload it all pretty quickly (both ends :eek:) he usually recovered well though :D

11. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

That looks wonderful - so glad it went well. Good boy Dex for not drinking seawater!

12. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Looks like they had a wonderful time :)

Had to laugh at the slobbered-on French windows. There's a little mystery someone's trying to solve...

13. lynnelogan

lynnelogan Registered Users

looks wonderful,...so happy for you :)
    i hope the hand signal pointing finger is yours angela :)