Waiting for Winnie

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Crod999, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Crod999

Crod999 Registered Users

As a new user I thought I'd introduce myself a bit.

After sadly losing our elderly cocker spaniel in April the house seemed too empty without a dog in it and rather than having another cocker we decided on a Labrador and eventually found Winnie who will be 8 weeks old and ready to come home with us on Sunday.

It's really exciting but I'm sure we'll need lots of advice as the weeks go by - I think I've forgotten what puppies are like!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4hu3ae1uvqno9kw/2014-06-08 11.30.42.jpg

2. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Re: Waiting for Winnie

Winnie is gorgeous!

[​IMG] from Mags and Tatze (Black lab 14 months old)

I have always had dogs but never a pup before - she came as a shock, but in a good way!

:)

3. Joy

Joy Registered Users

Sorry to hear about the loss of your cocker but Winnie looks lovely. I'm a one dog at a time person and each time I've lost a dog I've not wanted to get exactly the same breed again. My dog-before-last was a cocker, very sweet. Do be prepared for a lab to be a bit more bitey as a puppy - but gorgeous too!

4. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Hello and welcome from me and my two dogs , your little Winnie is beautiful . I am sorry for the loss of your spaniel , I`m sure that Winnie will bring much joy :)

5. Crod999

Crod999 Registered Users

Thanks for the welcome folks!

My parents had a black lab some years ago who was lovely but a nightmare chewer and recall was always a complete mystery to him! On the other hand our cocker Jake was the complete opposite.

I'm a bit biased but Winnie is super cute. We'll see if I still think that way when she's chewed through my favourite pair of heels!!

The waiting is a killer - we have all her things - cage, bowls, food, toys,etc - all here but no puppy yet!

6. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Ah the countdown to the arrival date is the longest ever!Sorry you lost your lovely cocker,Dexter our yellow lab is our first dog but my parents had cockers for a long time before they moved onto red setters!so they had a big change in circumstances too!in their case I think the biggest shock was setters could counter surf food a lot easier than the spaniels......labs are pretty good at that too ;D
    Welcome to the forum,we will love hearing how settling your puppy in goes and when you get a chance some more pics
    Angela x

7. Crod999

Crod999 Registered Users

The brother in law has a Great Dane - now there's a dog who can reach counters! ;D

8. Christoph W

Christoph W Registered Users

Welcome to the forum from me and Odin(1,5year old black lab) :) :) Winnie is a mega cutie!! Can't wait to see more puppy pics! :) :)

9. pippa@labforumHQ

pippa@labforumHQ Administrator

Welcome to the forum :) Look forward to hearing more about your beautiful pup !

10. Nicmorris

Nicmorris Registered Users

Welcome to the forum from me and my pup Nellie 8 weeks today.
    Sorry to hear about the sad loss of your last dog, we lost our last lab in June last year and like yourself we couldnt get used to the house so quiet!
    Winnie looks absoultley adorable and i love the name this was a shortlisted name for our pup too!

11. lablover

lablover Registered Users

Hi, warm welcome from me and meg my yellow lab 14. Winnie is absolutely gorgeous, cuddly, and as usual when I see these sort of pics I want one, but think meg might have something to say about that. :) This is a lovely forum, lovely people and someones always got an answer for any questions.

12. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Welcome! Welcome!

13. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Hi and welcome from me Helen, Hattie 6 years and Charlie 3 years. So very sorry you lost your Spaniel but looking at how beautiful Winnie is I am sure she will help you through the sad times no problem :) We look forward to hearing all about her xx :)

14. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Hi and welcome :)
    I have Harley who is 10 months old :)
    Winnie looks adorable ;) look forward to lots of photos.......the waiting is the hardest part I think ;)

15. Jane Martin

Jane Martin Registered Users

Exciting news! My pup comes home on Saturday; she is either 8 weeks on the Saturday or the Sunday (never got to the bottom of that as mum whelped overnight) so our pups are really close in age, as well as Nellie (Nicmorris' pup) and probably a few more on the forum that I don't know about.
    She is a lovely looking pup - congratulations and welcome! :) :) :) I look forward to hearing lots more about Winnie.

16. Crod999

Crod999 Registered Users

They're all so pretty!

Mine was born on 28th April coincidentally the same date as our last dog.

17. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Welcome to the forum Claire.
    It sounds like fate, Winnie found you :)
    I love the name. Good luck with her.

Jac and Lilly - 4 year old black girl.

18. lorilou61

lorilou61 Registered Users

Welcome and congrats on Winnie. I lost my sweet Annika, a boxer, last June and simply couldn't adjust to the dog free home. Had been a lot of years since a puppy, but I am loving it and hope you will too. Winnie is quite the cutie and can't wait to see pics of her at home.

Lori & Edsel

19. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

What a little sweetie!!! Welcome to the forum :)