Warwickshire / Leicestershire / Midlands group walk

Discussion in 'Events' started by leejane, Aug 1, 2017.

1. leejane

leejane Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Great, I'll post directions / map in the next few days

2. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

That's fine it's a date

3. Rosie

Rosie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Oooooooooh, I think this is FABULOUS! Another Forum Pack.....brilliant. Good work, @leejane

Severnside Walkies Pack sends licks and says have a wonderful walkies! And please remember we want photos, lots of photos....

:tail::tail::pull::doug::doug:

selina27 and Pilatelover like this.
  4. Jyssica

Jyssica Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Only just managed to see tis thread :( Yes a bit too far, Rolo has got worse in the car as he has gotten older so our far trips are pretty much a thing of the past right now! specially in the warmer weather! Damn. we need more of us northerners :(

5. leejane

Yes, @Jyssica thought it would be - when we talked about Cannock Chase originally that was probably a lot close for you :(

6. Jyssica

Jyssica Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Thanks for thinking of me anyways @leejane Hopefully we get more northerners or maybe ill move! haha

7. Pilatelover

Pilatelover Supporting Member Forum Supporter

@Jessica I've just had a quick look and Liverpool to Cannock Chase is 2 hrs 5 mins and Liverpool to Coventry 2hrs 35 mins, maybe when the colder weather arrives and Rolo may feel more comfortable in the car I'm happy to meet any northerners half way for a walk somewhere. I don't really have any ideas but there must be somewhere. :)

Jyssica and SwampDonkey like this.
  8. leejane

Yes, same here, - Derby dales? Ashbourne / Tissington / Dovedale are nice...

I'm not averse to Cannock Chase either, it's just that when we went we seemed to pick a really busy section with horses, cub scouts and cyclists all over the place - we just thought we could get walks that are just as nice closer to home.

9. SwampDonkey

Sounds good. We could anywhere along that motor way corridor

10. blackandwhitedog

blackandwhitedog Registered Users

I actually will be in Warwickshire - but I don't think I'll have a dog! We're putting our house in Leamington up for sale and will be repainting that week so my husband's going to keep Jess out of the way, probably over in Norfolk. I'll have to keep an eye out for the next midlands meet-up instead. Have fun though :tail::pull::doug:

11. Pilatelover

I'm wondering how I missed that you are in Leamington that is so close to me, hopefully catch up with you next time. I walk at Newbold Comyn, Cubbington, Warwick and Kenilworth to name a few places. I like variety, wouldn't it be funny if we had actually bumped into each other. :)

@leejane I find Cannock Chase is best visited during week days, we were nearly flattened by speeding cyclists one Sunday plus we are spoilt for choice in Warwickshire, there are some beautiful walks.

12. JenBainbridge

JenBainbridge Registered Users

@Jyssica when Rolo gets a bit better in the car we'll meet in the Lake District and do it for the northerners :doug::tail:

selina27 and Pilatelover like this.
  13. blackandwhitedog

blackandwhitedog Registered Users

Yes, we walk all of those too! I live near Cubbington and Newbold Comyn and the fields around Kenilworth Castle are on our regular rota. Do you go to Ryton Pools? We use that a lot during the week though it gets a bit too busy at the weekends.

I love the countryside around Leamington. I had only recently moved there when I got Jess so we have discovered all the lovely fields and woods and walks together. Sadly I'm going to be based in Norwich a lot more in the future - I'll have to start all over again finding new walks in a new county!

Jess is still in season, but perhaps once we're back walking again I'll drop you a message when we're in Leamington and we have a mini-Midlands meet-up!

14. Pilatelover

@blackandwhitedog I go to Ryton Pools every Monday after Mabel has had her hydrotherapy. Although it's a bit too busy during the school holidays but Mabel needs plenty of exposure to different types of people as she has a tendency to be nervous.

Definitely drop me a line when you are around, Mabel and I would love to walk with you and Jess. I don't work so I'm completely flexible.

blackandwhitedog likes this.
  15. Aimee Lawrence

Aimee Lawrence Registered Users

Ive only just seen this as i havent been on in a while. If its still going ahead i'd love to join in with Thor :)

16. SwampDonkey

I sure it is:D

17. leejane

@Aimee Lawrence Yep, I promise I will post a little map in next day or so, a bit busy with work this week but glad you can join us!!
    @SwampDonkey hope you will be feeling well enough by then.

18. SwampDonkey

Should do I going to try my hardest.Its lives gggggrrrrrrro_O

19. Pilatelover

Fingers and paws crossed you will be able to make it. Xx

20. SwampDonkey

I will:nod:

drjs@5 and Pilatelover like this.