We picked out our puppy - and collar size questions

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by cubby, Sep 29, 2014.

1. cubby

cubby Registered Users

We visited our puppy yesterday and got to pick her out! Originally we wanted a boy but the boy was already taken, so yesterday we got to go visit and pick out a girl. The breeder was still deciding between 2 girls, so we decided to pick a different girl puppy so we knew we would get her no matter what. Plus this was our favorite girl for a bit. The breeder has a web cam in the whelping box so we have been able to check in on the pups almost daily.

So none of the puppies really stood out to me. They were all gorgeous and loveable. We picked the chubbiest one (just coincidence). She is a chocolate girl and so so so so beautiful! We get to pick her up in 6 days.

So now, we need a collar for this beautiful girl. We'll be driving her home for a 3 hour trip and I will have to let her pee somewhere. So I'll need to bring a collar and leash. What size collar (how wide and how long?) for an 8 week old puppy? I realize she will outgrow it rather quickly.
    [​IMG]

2. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Re: We picked out our puppy - and collar size questions

So sweet :) I would ask the breeder to measure her neck as they all vary in sizes. Have you decided on a name yet?

3. cubby

cubby Registered Users

Yes! We are going with Juno.

4. Rue7514

Rue7514 Registered Users

Fellow chocolate owner here in the US! What an adorably perfect little chunk she is. Congrats!

We just bought her a collar for small breed dogs at PetSmart (can't remember exact sizing), and it has been great. We just adjust it every couple of weeks as she grows.

5. Jane Martin

Jane Martin Registered Users

Hi that sounds very exciting. I actually wouldn't let her out of the car because of the risk of disease.
    Yes, ask the breeder to do a neck measurement as collars usually state their measurement. Hope it all goes well!

6. Leanangle

Leanangle Registered Users

I just went to my local poundland & got a puppy coller & lead set. It fits him fine although the lead is looking the worse for wear after his trip to the vets today ::)

7. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

[quote author=cubby link=topic=8051.msg113563#msg113563 date=1412012044]
    Yes! We are going with Juno.
    [/quote]

Juno is one of my favourite names for our new black pup - we bring her home on Sunday :)

8. Loopyloo30

Loopyloo30 Registered Users

9. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Awww, lovely.

How great to have a web cam!

I like Red Dingo collars best :)