Well I wasn’t expecting that just yet!

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Leanne82, May 30, 2018.

1. Leanne82

Leanne82 Registered Users

Sitting on the sofa having a lovely cuddle with Maslow.. from 9pm he morphs into this angelic little cherub who snuggles up close and occasionally licks (not bites which in itself is a welcome rest most evenings!) my neck or hands as he dozes...

However tonight I wore some pyjamas that I haven’t worn before, lovely fluffy cuddly pyjamas, I had images of us being all snuggled up and it being a lovely relaxing end to the evening.

However tonight he got very over the top, chewing and grabbing on the pyjama top... I giggle naively ‘oh look, he likes my top’ I innocently giggle... then hubby starts roaring with laughter... my darling 9 week old puppy who I adore and don’t resent at all the fact he thinks I’m a bloody chew toy most days.. the one who I lovingly clean up his accidents whilst telling him don’t worry it’s my fault.

My innocent puppy is humping the ever loving crap out of my arm. Like his front paws are clasped over my shoulder (crossed for maximum hold) and he is well... enthusiastically.... thrusting.

Partner is now wetting himself with laughter and I’m literally staring at my innocent (if I keep saying it I might believe it again one day) pup going ‘I swear this wasn’t in the puppy handbook’

So ladies and gents... give it to me straight - once I’ve burnt the jumper - what exactly am I meant to do to avoid this? I don’t think sit is going to cut it! :rofl:

The worst bit? Literally the only command I could think of was ‘Look at that’ to which partner pointed out through copious amounts of tears ‘I think he has looked at it enough’

He’s now curled up at my feet like butter wouldn’t melt. Little toad.

FayRose, edzbird, Naya and 6 others like this.
  2. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

3. Leanne82

Easy for you to laugh, you haven’t been violated! I loved that jumper... granted not as much as Maslow obviously does. :oops::oops::oops::cwl:

4. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

splutter!!! :rofl::rofl:

5. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

(sorry, been there, done that.....kind of thing)

Some people favour distraction using a cushion or "humpy bear" or another soft object, but mostly its just a case of distraction.
    I have a girl. It wasn't so bad :D

6. Leanne82

Humpy bear? He’s 9 weeks old! He’s simply not allowed to do this until he’s 6 months old and in a stable relationship. he’s not old enough.

If he does this to his poor lamb it will traumatise it. It’s white for goodness sake!

Stacia, snowbunny, Beanwood and 2 others like this.
  7. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

You have a lambie?
    Ah well then.
    :thelambiesarecoming:

It's the network. I pray he doesn't have a camel or a red lobster.......

snowbunny likes this.
  8. Leanne82

He does. It’s fluffy and white and he cuddles up to it to go to sleep. Of course had I realised exactly what I was signing up for I might have gotten him something slightly less attractive. Like nylon. Or plastic.

Poor Lamby... he’s not going to stand a chance with that fluffy coat.

snowbunny and drjs@5 like this.
  9. Leanne82

He starts puppy classes in a couple of weeks.. I hope there aren’t any poodles there :eek:

Stacia, drjs@5 and Emily_BabbelHund like this.
  10. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

There's bound to be a cockapoo.

drjs@5 and selina27 like this.
  11. SwampDonkey

I had a insane old rescue cat who used to hump my shoulder when I went to sleep. He was a big cat he used to wake me up. My oh used nearly die laughing.

Leanne82 likes this.
  12. Leanne82

Maybe I need a sign... you can get reactive dog ones.... ‘likes a bit of fluff’ ?

Stacia likes this.
  13. Candy

Candy Registered Users

Oh! There's ALWAYS a Cockapoo at training and Flyball in my experience. Sweet and good natured and no problem though, at least that's been the case with the ones we've met. BTW, little Joy also has a lambie who she found all by herself and loves very much.:eatingsheep::heart::$

drjs@5 likes this.
  14. Browse

Browse Registered Users

This post made me laugh! Thanks for sharing!

15. Emily

Emily Registered Users

:cwl::cwl::cwl:

That's fantastic, thanks for sharing!

The answer really is distract and refocus on something else. As soon as he, um, 'begins', try to get his focus to something else and reward for a different behaviour. It's quite common for 'it' to happen when they get a little OTT so it might be best to redirect to a calm/quiet activity rather than something exciting like a game.

If all else fails, pop the jumper back on an make sure your parter has a camera ready :cwl:

Stacia, Naya and drjs@5 like this.
  16. Leanne82

I’m not assuming the cockapoo will
    Be the problem ;)

17. Kobe

Kobe Registered Users

At 9wks mine humped the sofa blanket!
    Be warned, by 12 weeks he had it out all the time, now at 16wks the word "walkies" brings out the full lipstick. He air humped me yesterday - he was sitting nicely and I was scratching under his neck. He put one paw up around my arm and I thought "what do you want?" Then hooked the other paw up so he was only perched up on his back legs. I thought "huh funny!" Not two seconds later the lipstick was on display and he started thrusting and humping the air!!
    Dropped my arm, said "GROSS!!!" and ran off. 9yo son desperate to know what the dog did that was gross and I mumbled something and left the room!

drjs@5 and Naya like this.
  18. SwampDonkey

My lab does a spectacular sofa dismount which involves sliding of the sofa, hips splayed so that his tackle get rubbered as he get off the sofa. It must feel nice?;) like most things I just shrug it off but he did it at my mum's and she nearly died. She washed everything:D

drjs@5, EmmaHughes, Atemas and 2 others like this.
  19. Emily

Emily Registered Users

Ella does that!!!

Everyone tells me that she's rubbing her ladybits on the couch but I choose to believe that it's a nice stretch on her hips as she does it after being curled up for a while. I will not be convinced otherwise! :eek::D

drjs@5, SwampDonkey and Maxx's Mum like this.
  20. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

Coco does this too, when he gets off the bed. I innocently thought he was just getting off gently so as not to damage his joints...Yes, I'm sure he's just being a sensible boy.

SwampDonkey and Maxx's Mum like this.