Wellies

Discussion in 'Using the bargains and best buys section' started by Hollysdad, Oct 19, 2014.

1. David

David Registered Users

Re: Wellies

Another fan of Muckboots here. Very comfortable and hard wearing.

2. mandyb

mandyb Registered Users

Aigle parcours Iso here, had them 5yrs now and still going strong. I also have a pair of Aigle's shorter wellie boots which I wear in the summer, can't remember the name of them but both pairs have the sturdy walking boot bottoms and are so comfortable to wear. Worth every penny! :)

3. Hollysdad

Hollysdad Supporting Member Forum Supporter

This is great. It looks like Muck Boots are in the lead, with Aigle and Le Chameau tied for second, Hunters in third, and cheap boots trailing a long way behind.

Where else could I get so many product reviews in one place :)

4. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Just to add then - HATE my le Chameau wellies. Bloomin' uncomfortable, and bloomin' expensive! Nice purple though...

5. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

[quote author=Hollysdad link=topic=8360.msg118567#msg118567 date=1413834414]
    This is great. It looks like Muck Boots are in the lead, with Aigle and Le Chameau tied for second, Hunters in third, and cheap boots trailing a long way behind.

Where else could I get so many product reviews in one place :)
    [/quote]

Absolutely! And now I know what I want for Christmas....

6. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

Love my le Chameau wellies, only ones that fit my skinny legs. I do have a secondhand pair I hate, they are wide and have a zip, I dislike those! So many variations of le Chameau!

7. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

I couldn't get Le Chameau to fit. Women's were too small and men's too wide.

I'm on the hunt for Aigles as soon as I get 5 minutes to myself ::)

8. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

Next challenge is to find somewhere that I can actually try these on.... I'm not sure about buying footwear online!

9. Hollysdad

[quote author=Rosie link=topic=8360.msg118601#msg118601 date=1413838862]
    Next challenge is to find somewhere that I can actually try these on.... I'm not sure about buying footwear online!
    [/quote]
    There's a place called Robinsons Equestrian North of Cardiff. They seem to stock most brands.

10. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

Charges to send boots back soon wipe out any savings I find. I won't be buying online any time soon :)

11. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

[quote author=Hollysdad link=topic=8360.msg118639#msg118639 date=1413870720]
    [/quote]
    There's a place called Robinsons Equestrian North of Cardiff. They seem to stock most brands.
    [/quote]

Thank you! Will explore...

12. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

[quote author=Rosie link=topic=8360.msg118659#msg118659 date=1413880022]
    [quote author=Hollysdad link=topic=8360.msg118639#msg118639 date=1413870720]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

Thank you! Will explore...
    [/quote]

Work a lot in Cardiff so will nip in there :)

13. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

I had a look on the website re Muck Boots but there seems to be several kinds, which one is the best for a woman with thin legs?!

14. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

Reconnaissance Report on Robinsons Equestrian for Phil and Kate!

Went in there today, they do have some Muckboots (although not a great range, I wanted to try some Muckmasters but they didn't have any) and they do have some Hunters, but they don't stock the Aigles. They do have quite a few cheaper options, and some brands I haven't heard of before.

So not the Welly-Nirvana we were hoping for, but worth a visit if you are passing.

Rosie

15. Hollysdad

Ride and Stride at St Arvans (Chepstow Racecourse) has loads of Muckboots. They charge about £5 more than most shops.

16. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

WELL!!! Phil, I owe you a big favour for raising the subject of wellies and making me wonder if I should get some. Yesterday went into Countrywide Farmers in Chepstow, they've a very big range of Aigles, Chambords, some Muckboots etc. I tried on some Aigle Parcours. Oh dear. Just too wonderful.

Couldn't wait for Christmas.

Went in today and bought a pair. Spent more than I've ever spent on any pair of footwear in my life (£115 :eek: ) but I have just taken them for a test outing and they really are worth it. Pongo and I went 'the muddy loop' to give them a good test. Traction up and down steep muddy hills as good as my hiking boots; no attempt to come off even when in six inches of STICKY clay mud; easy wading through 8 inches of water where track flooded; my socks didn't try to fall down and pool around my toes, which is what usually happens in wellies; and very, very comfortable. Actually more comfortable than my hiking boots, although without the ankle support of course. And over rough stones feet felt very protected. And I could even run after Pongo when he did his usual escape attempts.

I am sooooo pleased. Thanks Phil!

17. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

[quote author=Stacia link=topic=8360.msg118671#msg118671 date=1413883810]
    I had a look on the website re Muck Boots but there seems to be several kinds, which one is the best for a woman with thin legs?!
    [/quote]

Hi Stacia
    I'm not sure about Muckboots, but I've got pretty skinny legs and I've just splashed out on a pair of Aigle Parcours 2; they are fabulous - although not cheap...

18. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

Thanks Rosie, have just had a look on the website but I think there are several Parcours 2? They do look suitable and when you think we wear wellies virtually everyday for several years it works out quite cheap :D

19. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

I love my Aigle parcours too - they did the whole of last winter, wet wet wet, and are good as new ready for the next one!

(Hopefully not so wet!!)

:)

20. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

Try to try some on if you can. Are you in the UK? Countrywide Farmers or Mole Valley Farmers are chains that seem to stock them. I tried the 'Vario' ones (they have a gusset at the calf) but really hated them; tried on the ordinary 'Parcours 2' and loved them. (I think the full name of the sort I got is 'Parcours 2 Iso').

I only bought them today so I'm still gushing about how good they are. I'll have calmed down in a day or two!