What is your experience with whimzees?

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by jeanine, Nov 10, 2016.

1. jeanine

jeanine Registered Users

Has anyone ever heard of whimzees? They are vegetarian, and gluten free. Corona loves them, but like everything else in the past few days, she has no problem chewing and eating an entire medium stick in about 15 minutes. Today she had a poop with bits of undigested whimzee stick that was super soft. Has me thinking maybe this is the reason for her stomach issues. Either way, now she can't have those either. No treats other than her restricted diet of Royal Canin HP. I use the food for treats, soak it for kong stuffing and feed her that for her meals exclusively. Anyone experience their pups having soft stools from WHIMZEES? We are really trying to get to the source of her stomach upset. Up until last Wednesday, she had no problem eating anything. She also chews on rawhide and a bully stick, but since they are so thick, she really only gnaws on these. Thankfully cause this girl loves to chew right at the back, assuming some teeth are coming in soon.

2. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

They used to make Scooby sick :(

3. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Lilly loves them.
    She used to regularly get a hedgehog, good for teeth cleaning.
    She has a pretty cast iron stomach though.
    I had a box a while back that may have got damp in my utility room and they went soft and mouldy - kind of put me off them :hmm:

4. Trufflepup

Trufflepup Registered Users

Truffle loves them, but we are a bit careful with how many- more than one, every other day, and she definitely gets runny tummy. My mum's dog was visiting, and she ate two whimzees and a rice bone (we had lots floating about when truffle was tiny, as she wasn't chewing on them enough to get any off then). She woke my parents up at 4am to go out and had awful diarrhoea, so if your pup isn't 100percent with her tummy, they are probably best avoided. Hope that Corona's tum has settled since your last post.

jeanine likes this.
  5. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

I use them when the pups are tiny, but They only have about 1cm a day :)