Where did the time go?

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by lorilou61, Feb 10, 2015.

1. lorilou61

lorilou61 Registered Users

It's been so long since I've had time to sign on here and catch up! I hate that I've missed so much but trying to manage two households in two different states, work full time, tend to Edsel's every need and find time to sleep seems to be quite time consuming! It dawned on me how long it's been since I visited when I was thinking about Edsel's first birthday coming up in less than 2 weeks and how much he's changed since we brought him home. I read the posts about the biting and chewing and poos and crate troubles and can't believe that so much of that crazy, wonderful puppy time is gone. While he's far from a sedate fellow, he is growing up. He's quite handsome and full of muscle. He is still absolutely mad about fetching and hunting games. He was quite the star of puppy class, winning the "quickest down" contest on graduation night. I am amazed that I actually can look down at this lovely beast walking at my side on a loose lead, not pulling, gasping and dragging me behind. (Well, at least when there isn't anything interesting to distract him) and most of all, I can't believe how much I miss so much of that crazy puppy time! If not for the OH, I'm quite certain I'd be dragging another babe in to start it over again. It's hard to imagine when you're exhausted, covered in bites and scratches, and wondering what kind of mad dog you've brought into your home, but it does go by so fast and you will sometimes miss all the madness. Well I'm off now to look around and check up on the old gang and meet all the new.

2. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

Re: Where did the time go?

Nice to hear how you both are doing and that you survived the puppy stage mostly intact! :)

3. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Sounds like Edsel is growing up :) it is amazing how quickly they grow :)

4. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Wow, Edsel is nearly a year old! Sounds like he's a wonderful boy :)

5. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

6. lorilou61

lorilou61 Registered Users

i was hoping to share a video of the little stinker on our morning walk but I'm having multiple media issues today! Maybe sometime.

7. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

LoveLy to hear from you Lori and news of Edsel..your post will give hope to those members currently going through the 'Crocopup Challenges' ;D

8. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

*** Waves to Lori ***

I wanted another but hubby said 'we can't afford another'. Fair enough, we have just retired and money is now shorter than it was.

So I started puppy walking - a new pup every year!!

(Some of us are mad that way - hehe)

;D ;D