Will Only Do #2 At Home

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by John Sukkar, Jan 18, 2018.

1. John Sukkar

John Sukkar Registered Users

My 13 week old Ruby has a problem. She just won't do a #2 unless we are in our own yard in her spot. She'll hold it for a long time until we're back. Then I'll let he out in the yard and she'll do her frantic running around with tail tucked for a minute before she goes to her spot and does it.

I mean no one like to go in a public toilet right? Has anyone experienced this? She'll pee when we're out, but won't poo :( I'm hoping it's something she'll grow out of...

2. Joeythelab

Joeythelab Registered Users

Hi John,

When Joey was a puppy he never went to the toilet outside (even to pee). Now that he is 8 months old, i have noticed that he will go. I don't know if it's because he can't hold it long enough but he also does the little dance around and will go.

So she might grow out of it! She is very cute :)

3. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Harley wouldn't do a wee or or poo outside of our house for weeks. She eventually had a wee about 3 weeks after we started going for walks, but it took about another 2 months before she would have a poo. I think she eventually went because she just couldn't hold it any longer. We gave her loads of praise and treats and from then on she would go wherever whenever she needed to.

4. Joeythelab

Joeythelab Registered Users

Oops i meant to put outside his own backyard ;). He definitely was toilet trained!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2018
  5. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Mollie was the same. Of course, with Guide Dogs this is a good thing, as we train them not to toilet when working.

When she arrived at Big School (aged 13 months) she wouldn’t poo for two days! Until she decides a place is ‘home’ she holds it in. It’s not a problem really, but be aware if you go on holiday.

:)

6. Donna811

Donna811 Registered Users

Bailey would only wee and poo in our garden. She would go out for a walk and hold on until she would get back. She’s now 17 weeks and will now go when she needs to, either on walks or in the garden. I think holding on can just be a ‘puppy thing’ and they go where they are comfortable but they do seem go when out as they grow in confidence.

Hopefully things will change in the next few weeks.

7. blaser1975

blaser1975 Registered Users

my little girl lasted about 2 walks before deciding to toilet away from the garden