Willow had a restless night

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by snowbunny, Oct 15, 2014.

1. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

I'm not entirely sure why, except she slept really deeply during the evening, but Willow was really unsettled all night. We're up to 4 hours between wees, and the first four hours she was quiet, but she didn't settle at all after that. Crying and howling until I got up. I made sure she was quiet before I went in to see her, so I don't encourage her being noisy. I think tonight we need to have a nice long play before bed time!

2. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Re: Willow had a restless night

Sounds like a plan :)

Good job on waiting for her to settle for a moment before going in to her. Do you think she needed to go to the toilet? Maybe go slowly in stretching out the times between wees....just to make sure she isn't having to cross her legs for too long :)

3. snowbunny

She started up immediately after I put her back after a big wee, so she didn't need one then. I did take her out about half an hour later, though, when she hadn't gone back to sleep, just in case she needed a poo, but she just wanted to play, so I think it was just she wasn't sleepy. She's normally pretty active up until midnight, but last night she was a mental moo all day and completely sparked out in the evening. She did that cute thing of sleeping with her tongue sticking out :D

4. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Ah, I see, she had already been out :)

Just playing Labrador mind games then :)

5. Leanangle

Leanangle Registered Users

[quote author=Oberon link=topic=8274.msg116990#msg116990 date=1413372737]
    Ah, I see, she had already been out :)

Just playing Labrador mind games then :)
    [/quote]

I can just imagine her cute little eyes looking at yours as she thinks "I have you in my power". ;D

6. Rue7514

Rue7514 Registered Users

[quote author=snowbunny link=topic=8274.msg116927#msg116927 date=1413356756]
    I'm not entirely sure why, except she slept really deeply during the evening, but Willow was really unsettled all night. We're up to 4 hours between wees, and the first four hours she was quiet, but she didn't settle at all after that. Crying and howling until I got up. I made sure she was quiet before I went in to see her, so I don't encourage her being noisy. I think tonight we need to have a nice long play before bed time!
    [/quote]

The first few weeks are tough at night ... Rue is just now sleeping all the way through at 18 weeks :eek:. Definitely good to wear them out before bedtime. We do a walk, training session, and playtime in the hour or so leading up to bed, so she's usually ready to pass out. Hang in there!

7. snowbunny

Last night we played with her until she couldn't stay wake any longer! Poor little thing was knackered! She was MUCH better, settled after her 4am wee, although woke ten minutes before my alarm went off. Why is that last ten minutes so hard to lose?! She seemed to be hungry because she headed straight to the kitchen rather than outside - I had to call her out to have a wee before breakfast.