work circumstances changing

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Dimitri, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Dimitri

Dimitri Registered Users

Hey guys, I've found this forum really helpful with our 16 week old lab pup River, so thank you all so much for the advice already.

On Friday, I was called in to my office, where my new boss has told me that going forward my role is changing and my presence will be required more in the office. Prior to this, my husband has also accepted a new job which means he won't be working from home anymore either and it's upsetting me to think that our girl, will be on her own.

We have left her alone, on and off for a couple of hours , but not to the extent where she's used to being on her own. And it worries me. I hate the thought of her sitting in her crate, even if it is for 3-4 hours until someone comes to see her. According to my partner, she really misses me, even when I just go to the gym. (she will just lay near the baby gate for an hour or so). She will also follow me everywhere I go.

I'm worried and not sure what to do.

Any advice?

2. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Would doggy day care be an option for you ? This way she would be taken into their care, just like a young childrens nursery .

Dimitri likes this.
  3. Dimitri

Dimitri Registered Users

Think that's the way to go forward yes. I'll need to do some research whether we have any doggy day care facilities in the area.
    I feel terrible for it though...

4. 20180815

20180815 Guest

I wouldn't feel guilty about putting her in a good doggy day care. My experience has been my lab absolutely has a blast whenever he goes. Personally I've had good success with DogBuddy as it's a home environment and that's where he thrives, and they seem to be just about everywhere. Just make sure to pick one with favourable reviews, and you can always go and check it out prior to booking her in to make sure you like the look of the home and the people caring for her. There are other options as well that perhaps other forum members can share their experience with, I've just stuck with DogBuddy as it's been good for us.

Dimitri likes this.