Working Test with Poppy and Merlin

Discussion in 'Gundog Training, Fieldwork, & Field Trials' started by Karen, May 8, 2018.

1. Beanwood

Beanwood Moderator Forum Supporter

Wow! What amazing dogs you have! I still can't get my head around a 100m blind without shot...:eek:

Karen likes this.
  2. Karen

Karen Moderator

I know!!!!! I couldn't believe it... We were all in the waiting zone, absolutely horrified at the thought of what the task entailed! :eek: We were the first group, and Poppy was the fourth dog in the group. The first three dogs were all over the show, being whistled hither and yon, and took ages to get the dummy. OH lined Poppy up, and somehow - somehow!!! - she just knew where to go. She headed off a bit downwind, and must have suddenly got the scent of the dummy because she changed direction when she was at the right distance, and went straight to the bush where the dummy was hidden, without OH even having to whistle once!! You should have seen everyone's faces when she arrived back in record time without a whistle having been blown, it was priceless!!! :D:D:D

Sven, Stacia, selina27 and 5 others like this.
  3. Karen

Karen Moderator

The others in the waiting zone hadn't even realized she'd STARTED the task, let alone that she was back with the dummy! :p:p:p

Stacia, selina27, snowbunny and 2 others like this.
  4. Beanwood

Wish I could've seen that...but it sounds like blink and you would have missed it! :D:D

Karen likes this.
  5. Karen

Karen Moderator

It was a glory moment, all right... bless her. She's such a little thing, and no great beauty (well, we think she's beautiful, but you know what I mean). She gets a bit overlooked in comparison with the other fabulous goldies, flatcoats and chessies... but then she pulls off something like this, and everyone has to stop to lift their chin off the ground :p

Sven, Stacia, charlie and 1 other person like this.
  6. drjs@5

drjs@5 Moderator Forum Supporter

Poppy is a star x

Karen likes this.
  7. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

She's got all going on upstairs such a bright dog. X

Karen likes this.
  8. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Moderator Forum Supporter

Go Poppy and Merlin ! What a brilliant pair of dogs , and Mum did well too ! xx Not a beauty ?? Oh come on Karen , Poppy is divine xxxx

drjs@5, Karen and SwampDonkey like this.
  9. Karen

Karen Moderator

Ooooh, look! I found a photo of OH and Poppy, just where the judge is explaining the long blind to them! OH is going 'WHERE?????', and Pops is saying 'Yeah, I got it'...

picture-dsc_2660.jpg

10. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Sounds like a great day for all. Poppy and Merlin did you proud, bless them xx Well done Karen and OH. xxb:)

Karen likes this.
  11. Beanwood

OK...no wonder you are glowing with pride..I can (sort of...) send Bramble for a blind when she is committed to a landmark...err like a tree...:cwl:

Karen likes this.