Would a clicker help me?

Discussion in 'Clicker Training' started by selina27, Jul 9, 2017.

1. selina27

selina27 Supporting Member Forum Supporter

I look forward to it.

Thanks Rosie for your input, very helpful. It's the way for me to go, as I started out all those months ago and then got lazy. one thing Cassie has got is a reliable sit.:) Although of course there is always the odd exception.

2. Atemas

Atemas Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Thought of you and Cassie @selina27 yesterday when out in the garden with Red. I realised I have started using my clicker when asking her to walk to heel when I am doing some training in the garden. She is not on her lead. Don't really know why I have started this other than it being a precise way of letting her know she is doing what I ask. I don't take the clicker out with me on walks but the trainer at the Scentwork classes we are going to is encouraging us to us the clicker.

3. Jojo83

Jojo83 Registered Users

@Atemas interested to know how a clicker is being used in a Scentwork class.
    Apologies @selina27 for 'going off piste' on your thread :)

4. Atemas

Atemas Supporting Member Forum Supporter

We do Scentwork and targeted work. Clicker is used when dog has found the cloth hidden in tyres or plastic tube. Clicker is used when stepping, placing paw/leg on a variety of objects - don't know what these are called but nobbly foot pads, squishy balls - trainer calls one a peanut if that is it's real name or he calls it that.