Yay, baby gate gone!

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Atemas, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Atemas

Atemas Registered Users

After 6 months of having a baby gate between the kitchen and access to the rest of the house, we have now removed it :). It was primarily put there to keep Red and Sky apart as Sky couldn't cope with the new arrival Red. A puppy arriving at the same time as her becoming lame was unfortunate. Sky was then reluctant to accept Red. It was unfair to have an enthusiastic young puppy wanting to jump on her and bite her ears and collar all the time. The number of times DH and I have tripped on the base of the gate, bashed our thighs against the side part and had the annoying thing shut on us just as we need to go in/out it! It has been propped open for the last few weeks and today we decided it could go. Invaluable whilst it was needed but a relief now it's not :D.

Samantha Jones, Naya, Joy and 3 others like this.
  2. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Good news, bye bye baby gate!!

Atemas likes this.
  3. JenBainbridge

JenBainbridge Registered Users

I still have 2 baby gates! I'd love to get rid of them!!

Atemas likes this.
  4. selina27

selina27 Registered Users

Hey, what a milestone :)Mine will be staying yet awhile, but it's ok it isn't a problem for us, no trips or bangs. I've been thinking about the crate though -- good time to press on with teaching to stay on her bed I guess.

Atemas likes this.
  5. leejane

leejane Mum to the Mooster

Well done! We still have one but that's to give our elderly cat some space to eat her dinner in peace.

selina27 and Atemas like this.
  6. Atemas

Atemas Registered Users

Yes it feels like one. We have never put a gate up at the stairs and hoping we never need to. We don't let the dogs go upstairs. Red will put her front paws on the second step but I tell her 'stay'. When I go to come back down, she's still there so gets lots of praise. I bet one day though she'll fancy a look up there :p.

Red loves her crate at night so we got a bigger one, so I reckon that's there to stay for the foreseeable future - that's ok though :).

7. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Well done. I'm glad Sky and Red can live more harmoniously now and hopefully less bruises for you.

8. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter