Yellow Lab puppy

Discussion in 'Introductions & Saying Hello' started by Labrador54, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Labrador54

Labrador54 Registered Users

Hi to everyone,
    My name is Cindy and I received a gorgeous yellow lab for Christmas from my children. Her name is Angel, and she is a 4 month old little terror. I have raised Beagles for the past 25 years, but I love yellow labs. I currently have 2 Beagles, Angel and 3 rescue cats, so my plate and my heart is full. My oldest Beagle, Holly, was diagnosed with hemangiosarcoma 2 months ago and the Vet thinks she doesn't have too long. I am heartbroken, and am taking care of her and enjoying the time we have left. I cannot believe how fast this puppy is growing. Vet says not too big, around 60 to 70 pounds. After raising Beagles, she is big. Problem is she is a puppy in a 40 pound body. I am trying to train her, she listens to 3 commands, I know, not good. She will not go to the bathroom in her crate all night, she goes pee everytime i take her put and i pet her and tell her good girl. However, i swear she saves some because she will go in the house right after she comes in. Anyway, sorry to write such a long post. I will be looking around these boards and reading all posts about training and other issues. Thank you for accepting me in your group and i look forward to reading and asking questions.

2. sarah@forumHQ

sarah@forumHQ Moderator

Hi Cindy, welcome to the forum, it great to have you here!

It's funny how we can always find room in our hearts for another animal! It sounds like you've got lots of emotional highs and lows ahead of you with a puppy and an older dog in the house.

Please keep checking in for all the support and camaraderie you need :)

3. Jade

Jade Registered Users

Welcome..