You would be proud of me !!

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by kateincornwall, Nov 6, 2013.

1. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

I hate confrontation and often get put upon because I find it hard to say no . Overnight, I have been awake and getting more angry about this spay issue for Millie and at 4 this morning, pledged to myself that I wont take this lying down .
    I have spoken to the Manager this morning, putting on my best authoritive voice and saying that I am very angry and displeased that we are paying for the spay and yet are dictated to re the date . I went on to say that I am a resonsible owner, have owned many dogs and gone through neutering with most of them and that their attitude was wrong and not condusive to expecting support from anyone .
    She was fairly quiet throughout the one sided conversation, during which my husband looked on with amazement :) She said that she would go and look at Millies file and get back to me, which she has just done and yippeee, its worked , she agreed 100% that it was an inconvenient time for a spay given that Christmas was a few days later so if any problems arose, it might be more difficult to get Veterinary help .
    The outcome is that Millie is being spayed on the 3rd January , still at our expense and with our Vet, but when its best for her and for us too ;D

2. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Re: You would be proud of me !!

Kate, well done!!! That really is the best thing for you, and for Millie too.

You are such a lovely person, and I know you dont like to make a fuss unnecessarily, but every now and then we have to stand up for ourselves, so good work you!!! :)

3. lynnelogan

lynnelogan Registered Users

well done kate :)
    i agree you are a lovely person and only want what is best for millie :)

4. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Good on you :) Great job.

5. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

Well done Kate :D

Now you can rest easy and enjoy your Christmas!

6. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Go Kate! Good for you. That's excellent.

7. David

David Registered Users

Good stuff! I expect the person you had the bad experience with the other day may be free to find other work soon. Clearly not a customer focussed person, or enjoying her work!

The really annoying thing I find about this sort of experience is that the other person probably forgets the conversation immediately and the rest of us end up carrying it around like baggage for days!

8. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Fan blooming tastic, well done Kate, hope that nasty women gets a flea in her ear from the Manager. xx

9. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

It was really hard to do , my usual speaking voice is quiet and calm , my counselling training no doubt :)
    Its compltely out of character for me to be assertive , but actually, it was quite enjoyable ;)

10. Alice

Alice Registered Users

Great result.
    Alice

11. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

[quote author=kateincornwall link=topic=3180.msg34036#msg34036 date=1383742851]
    It was really hard to do , my usual speaking voice is quiet and calm , my counselling training no doubt :)
    Its compltely out of character for me to be assertive , but actually, it was quite enjoyable ;)
    [/quote]

Good for you !

Occasionally I feel the need for some verbal sparring so lookout any cold callers who phone me when I'm in that kind of mood ;D

12. Jen

Jen Registered Users

Good for you Kate. Brilliant result and the right one. ;D

I'm like you don't like to make a fuss but sometimes you have to. I find it easier over the phone can pretend to be somebody else. ;)

13. mandyb

mandyb Registered Users

Well done!