5am alarm clock

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Debs, May 7, 2014.

1. Debs

Debs Registered Users

Re: 5am alarm clock

Oh no Edp, not you as well! ::) I'm trying to blame it on the light mornings as well.....I'm looking forward to the clocks going back for the 1st time ever! ;)

There are no rules! Jane, my first few weeks of lack of sleep with Maisie were a killer, but it did slowly get better and 7 weeks later we were making it to 7am and I was feeling human again! Get as much rest as you can when she is asleep! Why we have gone backwards is a mystery! How is little Chepi getting on?

Nicola, welcome to the world of walking round the garden in your pjs at ridiculous o'clock!!!!!

Maisie is currently snoring on my lap! She's very tired you know, having to get up so early ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

2. Jane Martin

Jane Martin Registered Users

Hi Nicola and Debs, I think Chepi is doing all of the normal stuff. My plan is to keep her on the go. She's still settling in so It's early days. She hoovers her food up and looks for more. Drinking well. I give her alternatives when she thinks she's going to chew my fingers. She's looking very comfy curled up on the vetbed. Have a good day :)

3. Edp

Edp Registered Users

Oh you make me giggle Debs. Yes I too never thought I would look forward to the clocks changing that way ! Cant grumble too much as she is in and out like a flash and back to sleep without a peep so she must need it. I think she just needs to grow a bit too ! Good luck and have fun to all those with younger pups :)

4. teapot57

teapot57 Registered Users

[quote author=Debs link=topic=5811.msg90132#msg90132 date=1403331101]
    Jan, we're back to the 4am get ups and barking from 5.30! Just when I was feeling smug about staying in bed until 7am ::)!!!! I'm blaming it on the very early light mornings to make myself feel better!! How goes it with you?
    [/quote]

Well Debs, Albert is back to 6.30-7.00 wake ups! We started taking him out for a late evening stroll, which seemed to work, then for the past week the weather has been so fantastic that I've been skyving from work ( I work at home with OH business) and I've taken him to the beach for about 4 hours every day, so he's had lots of fresh air, exercise and sleep on the beach. Most mornings this week we haven't heard him until 7.15!
    Yesterday he had a walk in the early morning, then we joined friends and other dogs for an evening BBQ on the beach, from 16.00 to 20.30 and he didn't wake till 7.45!

Things seem to be on the up for you and Maisie too. It's so much easier when you've had a few hours sleep!

Jan

5. Hollysdad

Hollysdad Supporting Member Forum Supporter

I've been following this thread with interest because Holly is becoming an early riser.

She's recently started waking up with the sun for a poop and a play. This morning I got a squeaky tennis ball in my ear just before 5am. I let her out for a poop in the mistaken belief that it would settle her down, but she just brought a succession of toys up to our bedroom to see which one we'd play with. Eventually we got up to have breakfast to find that Holly had taken one of my slippers and hidden it!

We made her breakfast, at which point Holly went back to bed. Don't you just love them :)

6. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

[quote author=Hollysdad link=topic=5811.msg90677#msg90677 date=1403516692]
    This morning I got a squeaky tennis ball in my ear just before 5am.
    [/quote]

Great image. Made me laugh out loud! But I feel your pain..... Come on Holly, give Dad and Mum a break....

7. Debs

Debs Registered Users

.......and we're back to 5am wake up and barking til I give in at 6am! Praying for a dark, miserable morning and maybe a lie in til 6.30am, maybe???
    :eek:

8. Jane Martin

Jane Martin Registered Users

Hi Debs! That Maisie! I am edging slowly towards 6 o'clock because I don't want Chepi to start crying. I would rather get up and catch her quiet. Still, it's pretty tiring isn't it. I never used to be a napper but I look forward to a daytime nap now! :)

9. Debs

Debs Registered Users

Ah Chepi sounds like she is doing really well. Maisie just wants me! Once I get up, about 6ish at the moment, I ignore her, have a cuppa and she comes and sits next to me a goes to sleep! ::)

10. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

I do wonder whether this heat has any bearing on this? Benson has been waking a little earlier than the norm...

11. Edp

Edp Registered Users

Hi, we still up at 5 with the birds but thankfully straight back to sleep until 630 ish but we are up that time anyhow. I never thought I would prey for winter to get a bit of a sleep in ?;)