Bed wetting??

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by lisa humphreys, Jan 20, 2017.

1. lisa humphreys

lisa humphreys Registered Users

Can any one help me understand..... :shake:
    Scarlett has been home a week today!!
    We have had a tiring amusing and loving 7 days. Scarlett has amazed us in so many ways, she does not cry on an night, she is sitting and waiting for her meals she does not beg for food at all (impressive I think). I thought she was just too good to be true!!

Yesterdayopening we got up my partner leaves for the train at 5.45 so the whole house is up lol. Scarlett didn't wee as usual first thing and I couldn't understand this as she always has! I then realised why :tmi: she had weed in her bed
    Not phased or worried I thought it was an accident and washed dried with no fuss.
    This morning she has done it again.......

I was wondering if they can wet the bed like a small child and not realise or if there is something else going on.
    We do not get up to lift her in the night and haven't done from day one and she has never messed in her crate

Any advice e would be appreciated

I am going to lift her tonight and see if she does it again but just thought also we one may have experienced similar
    Thank you

2. lisa humphreys

Sorry about the typos
    Wriggling baby on lap
    ** yesterday morning
    ** thought someone

3. Cath

Cath Registered Users

She is only a baby yet. You need to get up and take her out for a wee in the night. What time does she go to bed and what time do you get up in the morning?

4. Cath

Cath Registered Users

lisa humphreys likes this.
  5. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

I'd get a sample and take her to the vet. It's very easy for little girl pups to get a small UTI.

Not a worry, but worth catching early.

6. lisa humphreys

She goes down after her last wee at 11 and we are up just after 5
    As she hadn't had an accidents in the lat 5 nights with no wake up wee I. The night I was worried as she had done it in her bedroom and not on her pad. I thought pups and dogs usually didn't message theirs bed u less then had too.

7. lisa humphreys

Well that makes no sense sorry
    I As she has had no accidents with out a wake up call. I am concerned as she has weed in her bed and not on the pad

8. Boogie

Unless her bed is very small she will choose a corner to wee in. Lots of breeders raise their pups on vet bed and newspaper or puppy pads - it's pretty hit and miss where they wee at first, then they slowly stop weeing on the bed. But your pup is still a tiny, tiny baby so accidents are bound to happen.

We had a plastic bed in Mollie's pen so she had a clear difference between 'bed' and 'not bed'. We only put puppy pads down at night.

:)

IMG_2352.JPG

IMG_2361.JPG

Naya likes this.
  9. lisa humphreys

Beautiful girl , :inlove:

Thank you for your comments May be as she seems to be so so good so quick I'm may be expecting a wee bit too much .....
    May be I should take out the cover on the floor as it looks like sheep skin ( fake fur ) so she can clearly tell the difference like you have in these pictures.

She is adorable and unbelievable good and very intelligent I was a little worried about her. I think we have been truly Blessed :sun:

Cath and DebzC like this.
  10. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

My puppy didn't have the instinct to keep her bed clean, like they're supposed to! She would actually go into her crate specifically to go to the loo! Lots of regularly taking her out has fixed that. At 12 weeks, I still have to get up twice in the night to take her out and, until I started crating her overnight recently, there was no rhyme nor reason to how long she'd hold it. I had two nights where she went straight through, some where I set an alarm and she went when I took her, and other nights she would go at strange times.
    She's only young, she'll get there. Just take her out so she doesn't feel she has to go in her crate.

11. Boogie

I'd do that for sure.

We don't go near carpet or rugs until the pups are at least 16 weeks - and then only when we are sure they are 'empty'.

:)

12. Yvonne

Yvonne Registered Users

She needs to be taken out during the night.....11 to 5 is way too long for such a small puppy.
    Set your alarm clock for 2, take her out, put her back in her bed and then, maybe, she will make it to 5AM.You may even have to set your clock for 1.....try 1 or 2 and see how it works out for her. When Cooper was that age, I got up every 2 hours the first two nights, then every 3 hours and so on. She has a tiny bladder that needs to be emptied very often.