Breeder Education Seminars

Discussion in 'Labrador Breeding & Genetics' started by pippa@labforumHQ, Jun 10, 2014.

1. pippa@labforumHQ

pippa@labforumHQ Administrator

The Kennel Club is hosting some educational seminars this summer

Sadly, there do not seem to be any speakers from the Institute of Canine Biology. However, the seminars are probably worth a look for anyone thinking of breeding

This is their blurb

The cost is £25 per day and you can find latest details here

2. LabLover22

LabLover22 Registered Users

Re: Breeder Education Seminars

I went to one of this in the first circuit. I was particularly interested in the nutrition in pregnancy topic, but actually I found the whole session very helpful. I come from a science background, and was worried that the whole topic would be very 'dumbed down' but that was not at all the case. The talks were on very specific topics, and did not assume any high level of previous knowledge, but still managed to get across complex information in a way that I felt that everyone in the audience could understand. There was plenty of opportunity for questions both in a formal and informal setting.

I certainly felt that they were good value for the fee paid, and the speakers were of very high quality.

3. Karen

Karen Registered Users

I'm booked in to take part in a New Breeders Seminar on Saturday, run by the Deutsche Retriever Club. I'm really looking forward to it - there are two parts, the first in the morning is on preparation up to and including the birth, and the second part in the afternoon is on caring for puppies from birth to eight weeks.

Poppy is coming with me as I don't have a dog sitter for that day :)

Only problem is it's around 50 miles away, and there is snow forecast for Saturday...

4. pippa@labforumHQ

pippa@labforumHQ Administrator

Hope you enjoy it Karen, and don't get snowed in!

5. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Hope you enjoy it Karen :) x

6. Karen

Karen Registered Users

It was really interesting and worthwhile! And as an added bonus the snow held off until I was on the way home :)