Dodgy tummy advice please

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Cherry, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Cherry

Cherry Registered Users

Morning. 10 month old Molly had several episodes of diarrhea in the night and was very sick this morning (dispite being off colour yesterday and not eating much). She's more lethargic tban usual but has still wanted to play at times today. She's just had water today and I've got some chicken and rice to cook later. Just wondering when to try her with the food? To soon and I'm guessing more poop, to late and I feel I'm running the risk of another bad night. Also should I take her for a short walk? Keep her in today? She usually has a stomach of steel considering she's a typical lab hoover. I tried a new food and she was fine the first 2 day's. Could this be a build up or just coincidence? She didn't have any of the new food yesterday as was slightly sick in the morning. Thanks.

2. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

Sound more like a bug, I'd give the vet a ring xx

3. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

I think it is probably a bug..maybe the new food, although it is quite a violent reaction? so possibly not, I really don't know.
    I would be more concerned about any lethargy, and this I think would prompt me to call a vet.
    Hope Molly feels better soon, a dog with diarrhoea and vomiting is miserable all round...

4. Cherry

Cherry Registered Users

Thanks guy's. I phoned the vet and they've just said to keep an eye on her (which I am, especially as she's asleep on the sofa at the moment!). And see how she goes. Not particularly helpful but they are open until 4 so I can call later if worried.

5. Happyhayleysinging

Happyhayleysinging Registered Users

Any news on Molly. My Luna has now had the runs for over a week and been back and forth to the vet, still nothing to tell me what is wrong :(

6. Cherry

Cherry Registered Users

She's much better thank you. Runny poo yesterday but much firmer today. I was giving her chicken and rice but she was picking out the chicken and leaving the rice. Started back on normal food this evening, all ok so far. I'm thinking it was the change of food. Hope Luna is better soon.

Naya and Samantha Jones like this.