Murphy

Discussion in 'The Rainbow Bridge' started by Fwhitt246, Jul 3, 2015.

1. debsie

debsie Registered Users

That is a really really lovely idea x

2. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

My mum planted daffodils in the place where my old Lab used to lie on the front lawn. For most of his life, he was a mad absconder, but in very later life he wanted to stay close to home and could be trusted in an unfenced front garden, snoozing in "his" spot in the shade under the cherry tree.

It's 20 years after his death now - but we still keep daffodils, in that spot. It's been a great comfort.

I hope Murph's bulbs bring you as much comfort. Wishing you all the best.

3. Fwhitt246

Fwhitt246 Registered Users

Aw that's really nice Julie :) x

4. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

That is a lovely thing to do.

We have a house nearby where I live, that in the spring, you can see a daffodil smiley on a hill near a farmhouse.
    The local story goes that the farmer and family who own the land planted loads of daffodil bulbs on the hillside in the outline of a smile after one of their young family passed away.Its understood that the youngster brought so much sunshine into their lives that a 'smiler' was a suitable method of sharing that sunshine and smile with anyone who cared to look for it.
    It is always a sight we look out for when we take that particular road and always makes us smile.

5. Granca

Granca Registered Users

That's lovely.

6. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

That's a good idea to plant some bulbs there. It will be a lovely tribute every spring.

7. Loopyloo30

Loopyloo30 Registered Users

I've not been on the forum very much recently, I'm so shocked to hear this news. My heart goes out to you. Have you thought about using his ashes to make a keepsake? I know I'll do that when Bob passes. There are some wonderful companies out there that can make pendants using the ashes so you can keep him close to your heart forever.

Sending love from me and licks from Bob

xxx

8. Fwhitt246

Having a hard evening. For some reason oh and I just can't stop crying :(

9. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Aw Frankie....so sorry. It will take a while to be able to remember the good without the bad being so sharp and acute.
    Virtual hugs aren't really up to much. Wish we could made it better for you x

10. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Big hug Frankie,it's horrible when the sadness just wells up like that,words don't ease it...but a good cry can.You won't miss him any less today but I hope you feel a bit better xxxx

11. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Hoping you feel better today, Frankie.

12. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

Poor you :( Big hugs and thinking of you. It was so good meeting up with you earlier this week and sharing some lovely memories xx

13. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

It's so sad.... Big hugs.

14. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

I'm sorry we can't do more for you than send you sympathy and offer somewhere to share. It's perfectly normal for grief to hit in waves; I was like this when a friend of mine died a couple of years ago. I'd be happily doing something normal and then suddenly, I'd be in tears, grieving my loss.

Murphy was such an important part of your family, you'll be feeling his absence acutely for a while, but over time, you'll be more and more able to remember the good times without the heart-stabbing pain.

Big hugs x

15. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Really sorry Frankie. How is Maisie doing?

16. Fwhitt246

Thanks everyone. Was just feeling so down. Every time I think of him it makes me want to scream and Iv constantly got a knot in my stomach. My husband was particularly upset yesterday after spending some time at our dog walkers house. There was lots of dogs running around playing and Charlie just really felt murphys absence. They also have a foster from Romania who is about 6 and doesn't know how to play. You can see him trying and being happy but he's just not quite sure, and Charlie was saying how Murphy would have been so brilliant encouraging him to play and showing him what to do. I have a lot of anger in me at the moment about it all and it scares me a bit. I am going to a free intro session at a crossfit gym on Monday to see if I like it and then I'm prob going to join and see if doing something active and new will help me. Iv been playing my guitar a lot learning new songs as I like how when I play I can't think about anything else. I think it will be the same at this new gym. Hopefully.
    Maisie is ok, at home she is very flat and quiet, but when out and about she's her usual self, although she is much more sensitive and reactive than she used to be. I think it is because she doesn't have Murphy with her who wasn't fazed by anything. Health wise she is good now, just on a daily half piriton. X

17. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

It is such a very hard time for you, the suddeness of his death and so young, it must tear you to pieces. I wish I could heal the pain for you. We all feel deeply for you. xxx

18. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

I think you are doing really well, it's tough and you are approaching coping with it in a really positive way. Much better than I would, I'm sure.

Stay strong for your family. Glad to hear Maisie is doing ok, hopefully she will stop missing him (of course she will never forget, just like you) so very much in time.

19. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

I wish I could think of something useful to say but I would be utterly lost if I were in your position. I think you're handling this tragic time incredibly well and I hope the pain eases for you all. They're with us for too short a time, gone but never forgotten x

20. Pilatelover

Pilatelover Registered Users

Frankie you are doing amazing. Wish I could make the hurt go away. Sending you loads of hugs. Really pleased Maisie is doing well. Xx