Support when its needed most

Discussion in 'The Rainbow Bridge' started by kateincornwall, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Re: Support when its needed most

Im so sorry to hear what you've had to face today .You will always remember him and he will stay with you forever in your memories.I know it will be painful for a long time but a time will come when you can visit those memories and they will bring back all the happiness and love he brought to you during the time he was with you.
    Sending you my very Best Wishes ,you've done the kindest ,unselfish thing and my heart goes out to you x
    Angela

2. Karen

Karen Registered Users

You gave Duke the final gift of love. My very best wishes to you at this sad time.

3. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

So very sorry to read your sad news , you did what was right at the right time , thinking of you x

4. lynnelogan

lynnelogan Registered Users

my thoughts are with you at this sad time,.....sending hugs xx

5. charlie

charlie Registered Users

I am so very, very sorry you have lost your best friend Duke, he has been there for you and your family all his life and you were there for him too. Take comfort in the fact you did what was right for your friend at the right time. I am thinking of you all.

Helen xx :'(

6. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

{{hugs}}
    Thinking of you.
    xx

7. debsie

debsie Registered Users

so sorry, the hardest decision....thinking of you

8. eevie

eevie Registered Users

I have just had to make this decision and the deed was done this morning, my 14 yr old lab Misty was a lovely girl but she was incontinent had a problem with her bladder that no antibiotics could cure, her legs were giving out all the time she had to be helped out of the door but my problem is I feel I have killed her, I am tearfull over the guilt, know I did the right thing and the vet was marvellous, she passed quickly and peacefully, so why do i feel like my heart is breaking, I have lost pets before but i have never had to make this decision, one of my dogs died after being poisoned by something, a cat died of old age another kidney failure, I have another lab that is coming up to 14 and knowing this is another choice i will have to make in the near future is killing me, her legs are going she pants a lot she is on pain meds and she cant hold her poo in, i think my hert will burst. I apologise for this moan but I needed
    somwhere to rant I suppose

Yve

9. Kirriegirl

Kirriegirl Registered Users

Oh Yve, so sorry to hear about your beloved Misty :'(
    Bereavement often brings feelings of guilt, but please believe that you did what was best for her at the end. You released her from pain and suffering which would probably have got worse. You gave her a wonderful life and a dignified death. Remember that always x

10. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

I'm so sorry for your loss Yve.

You have done the last, most important thing we have to do for our friends and that is the important point....we do it for them not for ourselves, to ease their suffering, sadly it doesn't ease ours. My heart goes out to you.

11. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

So sorry to hear that the time had come for your beautiful girl. It is the hardest thing in the world to do but our dogs rely on us to make the decision at the right time, before it is too late, so they don't have to go on in pain and distress. You did the right thing. But I understand completely how incredibly heart-breaking it is and how guilty it makes a person feel.... We had to put our old dog to sleep a couple of years ago - he had a massive haemorrhage and had cancer (we found out that night) and even though it was totally obvious what we had to do I still felt incredibly guilty afterwards. I felt guilty about all sorts of things, actually, that were not rational, but it's just our brain's way of trying to deal with an awful situation and a huge loss.

You'll think of her evey day and she will always be with you.

Massive hug.

12. eevie

eevie Registered Users

Thank you for your kind words and I do know I did the right thing but everywhere I go she is there, she used to lay in front of either the front door exactly when you wanted to use it, or the middle of the floor where you needed to be, there was almost always a pee on the kitchen floor that you walked in, but i would give anything to have all that hassle again, it will get easier

13. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

I'm so very, very, sorry to hear of this sad time for you. Your heart is breaking because you loved her very much, and what more can a dog want than a long life with someone who loves them? I know it doesn't make it any easier for you now, with this loss so close - it's the terrible price we pay to have them in our lives.

The warmest wishes to you, I hope you feel better with a bit of time....

14. eevie

eevie Registered Users

Also,
    I will never have another dog, I have told my husband if I ever say I want one, shoot me, but we all know the time will come when I cant get by without one,( they should come with a heartbreak warning)

15. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

It is completely understandable you feel like that now. But, you wouldn't have missed the time, the years, you had with her...I hope in time, soon, happy memories will come back and make the loss easier to bear. :) :'( :) :'(

16. Oberon

At the moment just go with or do whatever seems to help you to cope... It's just so hard to comprehend it all.

Even though it's so horribly hard to lose a beloved dog, life without any dogs would be so much the poorer...... But, yes, definitely a heartbreak warning is needed with dogs....

17. eevie

eevie Registered Users

The trouble is nothing helps I'm crying all the time it seems I can't sleep I don't want to eat all I want is misty back with me

18. Oberon

So sorry, Eevie :( It's such an awful shock, even if it's expected... It makes you feel unable to function. I hope you have understanding people around you.

19. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

So sorry to hear this eevie. Just wanted to lend my support.
    I hope there are people around to be with you. It helps to talk about how you feel......and how you feel right now is totally normal during a bereavement.
    It will become more manageable. You clearly loved your girl :'(
    x

20. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

So sorry Yve :'(