The cone of shame...

Discussion in 'Labrador health' started by JulieT, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Sharon66

Sharon66 Registered Users

Re: The cone of shame...

Dug - golden retriever a fat one lol!
    Great post , i spent ages. Working out how exactl to get vets plastic cone on my girl as she is quite expert at removing stitches! She took them all out after her spay op! Luckily it had healed! But recently, after spending an age putting this thing on her only for her to run thro the door way 5 mins later and she split it by hitting door post it ended up in 3 peices in seconds! Dozy dog! And she still removed stitches wearing a floppy cone and a blow up collar together!

2. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

I am quite literally dying thinking of a dog taking out its stitches.....oh my goodness! :eek: thank goodness we managed,they are really quite brutal to themselves given the chance :(

3. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Tatze had her spay on Monday. I bought a comfy cone, which Tatze practiced with for half an hour a day.

It was great.

BUT

She insisted on going in her crate (we had intended to have her on an old duvet for comfort) and the comfy cone was too big for her to turn round in the crate. So she's had the vets plastic cone at night, but no cone in the day unless we leave her for a while. She hasn't touched the stitches once - and they come out on Thursday - hurrah!

(Amazon were great and I returned the comfy cone no probs)

4. editor

editor Administrator

Bet you can't wait :) I've recently had a bitch spayed via laprascope, and it was great not to have to deal with cones.

5. Pennys mom

Pennys mom Registered Users

Thank you this was really useful. I also hate the plastic cone and always wind up removing it too soon. Thankfully haven't needed it lately, but good to know for future reference.