The hair that is everywhere!!

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Deb - Archie's Human, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Deb - Archie's Human

Deb - Archie's Human Registered Users

Hi everyone,

I was so thrilled when we got Archie that he didn't shed the volume of white hair that Sam did. And then he hit five months. Out of nowhere he is shedding up a storm! Is that the norm? Before the shedding started, I was wondering if this was a difference between field line and show line dogs. Clearly that was not the case. It figures that this times itself perfectly with our getting a new dark grey rug!
    [​IMG]

I finally figured out how to insert a photo! Here is our boy Sam, who we lost to a brain tumour this summer, and our new boy, Archie, who is currently leaving a trail of white hair in his wake everywhere he goes!

Deb

2. Deb - Archie's Human

Okay. I thought I figured the photos out, but it seems not...

[​IMG]

3. Beckyt6

Beckyt6 Registered Users

We have just succumbed and purchased our first Dyson to deal with all Alfie's hair!!

Deb - Archie's Human likes this.
  4. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Hair everywhere is a common theme on the forum, luckily for me I don't have that problem, Hattie is a Labradoodle so very minimal shedding and Charlie is a Labrador x Pointer so hardly any shedding. Lucky us! ;)

A good hoover is the answer and brushing your dog helps :) x

5. Kelsey&Axel

Kelsey&Axel Registered Users

Axel started to lose his puppy coat around 4-5 months old. Sooo much hair. Then it stopped and didn't start up again until winter hit a few weeks ago. He's 12 months old now. I vacuum daily and it's still not enough but I can't be bothered to vacuum more than once o_O:rolleyes:

I'm hoping the shedding will slow down again but won't hold my breath :D

6. Deb - Archie's Human

I used think I could build a new dog out of the amount of hair if Sam's I used to sweep up! I was so thrilled when Archie gave us a few months' worth of hair-free living. Alas, that has come to an end!

All that to say, I'd give anything to still have to sweep up after Sam.

7. Emily_BabbelHund

Emily_BabbelHund Longest on the Forum without an actual dog

Same! I used to think I should at the very least be knitting Rottweiler hair jumpers with it. I could have kept a small village warm. :D

I honestly miss the hair now that Brogan is gone. My friends' apologise to me for their dogs leaving their bits all over when they come for their doggie daycare stints and I don't mind at all. A home without dog hair just seems off. And where on earth is the challenge of drying dishes if you don't have to double-check them for big black dog hairs? They all come out perfectly now without any effort at all!

Joy and edzbird like this.
  8. FayRose

FayRose Registered Users

Fortunately we don't have anything new in the way of furniture and fittings so lab hair, or animal hair generally doesn't bother us. In fact in some places a good smattering of Molly hair covers up some bald patches on our old brown carpet ;)
    Also, the vacuum cleaner seems to have given up the ghost so clearing up will have to wait for a new one. I think it will have to be a pet Dyson !

9. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

My husband vacuums every day when I go out for our morning walk. That helps, definitely. The handheld Dyson is really handy for having a quick run around the house.

I've been having issues with my N key on my laptop. I just removed it, and it was completely clogged with dog hair! I now need to gird my loins to clean the rest of them. Took about ten minutes to get it all out of that one :)

Emily_BabbelHund and drjs@5 like this.
  10. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

My Black Labs don't seem to moult too much, or maybe I just cannot see them! I think the yellow ones moult more than the black, don't know about the chocolates.

11. Jyssica

Jyssica Registered Users

We purchased a Gtech Air ram, cordless and handheld. Its great. Still lots of hair though.....

12. snowbunny

Shadow (yellow) definitely moults more than Willow (black) but at the moment I'm staying somewhere that has very pale floors with black non-slip rubber matting laid over it for the pup. I can see Shadow's hair all over the rubber and Willow's hair all over the regular floor. It's brilliant.

:facepalm:

drjs@5 likes this.
  13. JenBainbridge

JenBainbridge Registered Users

We bought the cordless Dyson which was especially for animal hair.

Wouldn't last a day without it!

Jyssica likes this.
  14. DebzC

DebzC Registered Users

I'm just looking into buying a new hoover...would you recommend this one? Touch wood we haven't had a massive hair problem yet but I'm still using it as an excuse to get a new one! :D

15. snowbunny

We have the Dyson V6 Animal and love it. If you have a big house, it may need a couple of charges to do the whole place, but it's great for us to do a quick daily fix. I don't know how it performs on carpet, though.

16. Jyssica

Jyssica Registered Users

@DebzC The Gtech Airram is great on carpets if that is what you're looking for, Im not sure how it compares cost wise to the Dyson.

DebzC likes this.
  17. JenBainbridge

JenBainbridge Registered Users

We have the same as Fiona and it's brill.

Really good on carpets too - but where Stanley is it's all hard floor. Still find dog hair in every room though :rolleyes:

18. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

As they say, you have to choose between black hairs in the butter, or yellow hairs on your clothes :)

19. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

I vac round with the Dyson every day, groom them every day and use the handheld for any 'tumbleweed'.

:)

20. snowbunny

And now the chocolate hair, too, which I expect to be everywhere! :D

Stacia likes this.