‘Puppy sit’

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Browneyedhandsomebuddy, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Browneyedhandsomebuddy

Browneyedhandsomebuddy Registered Users

Hopefully nothing to worry about but I just wanted to check this was a normal puppy ‘lazy sit’. I’ve never had a dog before let alone a lab and heard all sorts about hip problems, he sits well when he’s training and movement is absolutely fine, he does just sit like this a bit, I’ve added photos, one of the lazy sit and 2 of a training type sit....

2. pippa@labforumHQ

pippa@labforumHQ Administrator

As you probably know, a lot of puppies will often sit like that, with legs out to one side, naturally rather than a neat 'tripod' type sit. Your pup looks pretty normal to me but if you are at all worried, just mention any concerns to your vet when he has his next check up. He's a very cute pup! :)

3. Browneyedhandsomebuddy

Browneyedhandsomebuddy Registered Users

Thanks Pippa, he seems fine and pretty sure what I’m seeing is normal. Second jabs next week so I’ll mention it then:)

pippa@labforumHQ likes this.
  4. Ski-Patroller

Ski-Patroller Cooper, Terminally Cute

At 3 yrs, Cooper sits like that and even more. She has excellent hips (Xrayed) and is very tall and athletic. Her back legs are so long she actually looks a little odd when she does a proper sit.

5. Andy Aveyard

Andy Aveyard Registered Users

Our 4 month old, also sits like that sometimes too.

6. Saffy/isla

Saffy/isla Registered Users

Hi my 6 months old girl sits like that too and when she lays down she often lays on her back with her back legs splayed wide open!

7. Chewies_mum

Chewies_mum Registered Users

Yup, Chewie looks a little... folded when he sits properly because his legs are so long. His body has obviously decided to grow legs first.

He also lazy sits at times when he is not wanting to show what a "good boy" he is.