10 days in with puppy

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Tokalosh, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Tokalosh

Tokalosh Registered Users

So we have had Max for 10 days now, and to be honest i feel this pup has been here before, he is amazing, and yes i kmow im temtpting fate by typing this !

We put him in his crate at 10pm, I set the alarm for 3am, pop him out, put him back in crate until 7am, sometime 6.30.
    Has brekkie at7am, plays around whilst we r doing morning routine, we go to the office at 9.30am, max drags his mat out of playpen, which he does not like, and he will lay down and sleep by me until 11 then a walk and some food, and back to mat and sleep, leave the office at2.30pm back home, food at3pm, huge run around the garden till daughter is home, spend a lot of time outside in nice weather, sometimes we go to the beach for off lead time or a short walk, come home 7pm dinner and then he chills. He is great at going out to do his toileting, then bed and so we continue.

Hates his crate during the day, will howl the house down , but we only pop him in there when i need to do something I can't watch him, and only let him out when he is being quiet but at night goes in not trouble.

Long may he remain such a chilled outcalm puppy, like his dad, although I'm expecting him to change very shortly ?

2. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Oh well done young Max ! You might just get lucky and have a laid back easy puppy who turns into a laid back easy dog , it is possible ! My lad Sam was this very pup and dog , whereas my last Labrador Tess was definitely not ! Enjoy your boy , they grow up so quickly x

Tokalosh likes this.
  3. selina27

selina27 Registered Users

What a super little chap, that's a lovely post.

4. Samantha Jones

Samantha Jones Registered Users

Fingers crossed for you he continues to be a chilled out boy! Boy was my boy not a chilled out pup! He's gotten better as he's got older, but he was hard work when young :)

Tokalosh likes this.
  5. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Sounding good!

6. Naya

Naya Registered Users

He sounds amazing. My girl was very good about sleeping and behaviour (most of the time) and she is still very much the same.