10 month old puppy still chewing everything

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by KirbyHawk75, Nov 11, 2018.

1. KirbyHawk75

KirbyHawk75 Registered Users

I walk her, play fetch with her, have given her tons of toys and chewing bones. But she still chews the furniture, carpet, etc.. i am not sure what to do. Any help is appreciated. We cannot relax at night. We have to be on the edge at all times.

Jade likes this.
  2. Jade

Jade Registered Users

Sorry your having this issue. It can be frustrating. Is your pup getting plenty of naps ?Our Lincoln has never had much interest in chewing furniture but if he's tired he does act out. For those times he has his favorite chew stick. They're called Petstages Dogwood Sticks. Fortunately for us he loves his naps.
    Also if you can work in a couple of short training session a day it might help.
    Good luck...

3. Bud Light/Dilly Dilly

Bud Light/Dilly Dilly Registered Users

Maybe try the bitter apple spray on whatever she is chewing?? I tried that with my pup during his really bad chewing days... I didn’t have to use it very long.

Always redirect with a chew toy or bone... and as Jade said, try to keep his mind stimulated as much as possible... with training or maybe hiding kibble around the room and have her try to sniff them out.

4. Jo Laurens

Jo Laurens Registered Users

There are two things which should always be in place, 24/7 - one or the other:

1) Supervision of puppy.

2) Crating.

It simply will not work without both those, especially if you are already having problems. There are no shortcuts. There are a million links to crate training on this forum and elsewhere and all puppies should be crate trained... Here's one I wrote: https://thehappypuppysite.com/crate-training-a-puppy/