15 weeks....

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Sunshine86, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Sunshine86

Sunshine86 Registered Users

Zeus is now 15 weeks and such a lovely boy. He is great with his crate sleeping through the night, very sociable but also respectful of other dogs, his recall his coming on great and at puppy classes they have taught the command ‘wait’ which allows me to put his food bowl down without him jumping up and nearly knocking it out of my hand. Ha ha. Overall he is so lovely and I’m really enjoying having him...but over the last week he has suddenly got harder with his biting...doing the time out used to work now he comes back in and jumps and bites harder. I feel like we are going backwards with his biting. Has anyone got any advice or even been through this? Thank you

2. lucy@labforumHQ

lucy@labforumHQ Administrator Forum Supporter

It sounds like Zeus is doing brilliantly in general!

It's very frustrating when it feels like biting has got worse rather than better. There is a chance it could be an extinction burst (when something gets worse just before it gets better as a sort of last ditch attempt).

Have you had a look at these articles? Hopefully something there will be of help!
    Let us know how you get along!

3. SianMJ

SianMJ Registered Users

You are far from alone! I thought we were getting somewhere with our Gwenni’s biting but it’s one of the slowest behaviours to change for us and whilst it is still much better she still does it when excited. It’s not nice and it hurts and can be quite demolarising. Weeks of ignoring, rewarding calm and avoiding triggers if possible have very slowly made some difference for us. She’s easily triggered into over excitement or frustration and is not a gentle dog so I think that’s why it’s taking such a time for us , plus there’s her adolescent age too ! Hang in there !