2 1/2 year old male Lab fearful aggression

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by PeggyM, Jan 6, 2019.

1. PeggyM

PeggyM Registered Users

Hello,

I have a wonderful 2 1/2 year old male black Lab named Skipper who has recently acted aggressive towards a couple dogs in our neighborhood while I am walking him on a lead. He barks and lunges while I am barely in control. Both of these dogs happen to be Dobermans and he had seen them before without this reaction.
    Skipper is a somewhat hesitant dog and sometimes reacts to new things with fear, especially near our home. One day while out with my husband Skipper saw one of the Dobermans jump up and put his paws on his owners neck- could that have frightened Skipper? I don't think there was a big reaction that time. Also Skipper occasionally goes to daycare just for the social interaction and they tell us he has no problems there. I have owned and trained many dogs, the last two being Labs. I have never had to resolve this type of issue before. But Skipper is 80 pounds and I am concerned about this recent turn and my ability to keep him in check. Any help or ideas you can share are appreciated. Thank You.

2. sarah@forumHQ

sarah@forumHQ Moderator

Hi Peggy and welcome to the forum!

I'm sure some of our experienced contributors will be here soon with suggestions and ideas to help Skipper :)

Just to let you know, I've deleted your duplicate post - as you've probably realised, this one didn't appear on the forum immediately because we moderate the first two posts of new members (just to filter out spammers and robots :) )

Good luck!