2 yo intact male Labrador squirts pee when pooping

Discussion in 'Labrador Health' started by ADKGuy, Jun 28, 2020.

1. ADKGuy

ADKGuy Registered Users

Ferguson, my nearly 2 yo intact male squirts pee when he defecates. He struggles to defecate. He’s been two two different vets.
    He had struvite stones and another type. He’s been treated with three different antibiotics and given probiotics.

He seems to improve but then it starts up again. He’s scheduled to be neutered on July 6th as they think his prostate may be enlarged.

The second vet put him in Canidae Urinary S/O and since then his bowel movements are greatly reduced.

Has anyone seen pee squirting while pooping before in their male dog and if so what was the cause?

2. Joy&Diya

Joy&Diya Registered Users

Only two times, a month ago, when we were in home quarantine. My lab is 1.5 years old and he simply refused to go inside the house, no matter how many times we told him. When he did go, after a very long time, he squatted down to poop but ended up peeing at the same time. He did look quite a bit alarmed himself. I was not sure if it is normal, so I checked online to find that it does happen with some dogs for different reasons (holding bladder for long time, over-excitement, etc). Joy never did this after those couple of times. And since he is completely healthy, we didn't think much of it. However, I hope others can clarify if this may be due to some other reason (medical or otherwise)?

I hope your pup is alright and that this isn't a concerning issue...

ADKGuy likes this.