3 Steps forward and ......

Discussion in 'Labrador Behavior' started by SteffiS, Mar 4, 2017.

1. SteffiS

SteffiS Registered Users

only 1 step back! :) After all this time with Ripple even OH has noticed that we are finally getting improvements in his behaviour.

We have worked so hard with him and often really despaired of him, that it is fantastic to see him becoming the dog we wanted. Yes, he still gets overexcited with other dogs, he still grabs the curtain and will still chase the cat, but so many improvements. He managed to have a zoomie yesterday that didn't end in him jumping and biting me, he's started settling nicely in the lounge in the evenings, and he can (sometimes) understand that the cat just wants to sleep in peace. He can usually recall from other dogs, after the initial silliness, and yesterday he actualled came away from poo a couple of times - although that did involve me racing around and behaving like a mad thing to make myself really exciting (OH was a bit :oops: :oops: at that :D).

Hopefully the improvements will keep on coming :).

2. Harley Quinn

Harley Quinn Registered Users

Well done and congratulations to the whole family. It is so encouraging to read a post like this today. Harley had the zoomies at puppy class and everyone just stared at her...I dont know if it is something their dogs don't do. And she did it on the lead so it was the most bizarre display of rapid circles and bum tucking in a very small area of space.

3. selina27

selina27 Registered Users

:clap:

4. selina27

selina27 Registered Users

Great to read your post @SteffiS , I have been thinking today that as Cassie will be 12 months in April I've really only got 6 weeks in which to say " oh she's really only a big puppy" when things don't go well. I feel a post in the training forum coming on! Well done with all that you've done with Ripple.

SteffiS likes this.
  5. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

What a really positive post. We sometimes miss the huge improvements because we're bogged down with a disappointment. Ripple is coming along great, with your hard work. He came away from poo !!

When Coco was being a big idiot, we would say, oh he's from Ard Jerkyll (the ManxSPCA), and people would smile sympathetically and say what a wonderful thing we'd done. As time wore on, I didn't feel I could keep using that "excuse" and I'd say "sorry, he's very lively" or "he never meets other dogs, so he's over excited". I find I'm using these explanations less and less now. Touch wood.

selina27 and SteffiS like this.