3 week old puppies - mum has mastitis!!!!

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by bubsy82, Mar 11, 2014.

1. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Re: 3 week old puppies - mum has mastitis!!!!

Definitely the right thing to do as hard as it was to leave your puppy, what an awful breeder :mad:. I bet next Saturday can't come soon enough, good luck :)

2. Penny+Me

Penny+Me Registered Users

I'm so sorry you had to walk away from your breeder, it must have been a tough decision, but it was the right one. That breeder sounds like he only cares about the money he's making from the sale of the pups and not their health or welfare at all!

So glad you've found a new breeds who sounds lovely and you are getting your pup soon. You have to show us some pictures as soon as you can!

3. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

That first breeder is a shocker. You made a difficult but absolutely right decision to walk away from that situation.

So glad you have now found a responsible breeder who is giving the right start to your next family member :) Can't wait to see photos!

4. Tillydyes

Tillydyes Registered Users

I feel soory for the pups that are left but you made the right decision :)

5. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Gosh Emma, you must have such mixed feelings about this one - bet it has been a bit of a roller-coaster emotion wise for you all.

It definitely sounds like you have made the right decision for you and your family. Poor motherless pups though.
    I don't know about this, but has the first irresponsible breeder broken any rules, and need reporting?? Not sure if any of you guys know about that.

Hope you have Pippa's new puppy book on order ;D
    Wishing you loads of fun with your new arrival - hope you manage some pics up soon
    :)

6. bubsy82

bubsy82 Registered Users

Pippas new book all Preordered ;D we have also read total recall.

The breeder yesterday mentioned reporting him, does anyone know how I do that?

I haven't slept all night feeling guilty that I won't be saving one of those pups. Hopefully they will all go to loving homes

7. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Emma it's a real emotional quandary you've had to go through there,shame on people who put genuine families like yours in that position.i agree with the others you have made the right decision ,I don't know how you can go about reporting the first breeder ( if you can even call him that ,the crook) .i wish you the very best of luck with your new member of the family x

8. Naya

Naya Registered Users

I think you made the right decision :) I do feel for those other pups, and agree the breeder should be reported (maybe call the RSCPA or the Kennel Club for advice)
    Look forward to seeing photos of your new pup next week :D

9. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

So happy for you that you have a pup to look forward to bringing home!

[quote author=bubsy82 link=topic=4843.msg64647#msg64647 date=1396163532]
    I haven't slept all night feeling guilty that I won't be saving one of those pups. Hopefully they will all go to loving homes
    [/quote]

You poor thing. I would be exactly the same. But you can't put the world to rights for every pup. You've got to do the best for you and your family.

10. MadMudMob

MadMudMob Registered Users

I can only echo what others say .... well done for that very hard decision [​IMG]

11. Merla

Merla Registered Users

Absolutely the right decision- you don't want to be in the position of encouraging and funding more unethical breeding by paying for the pup from the bad breeder.

Here's the link for the RSPCA about reporting an incident:
    http://www.rspca.org.uk/allaboutanimals/helpandadvice/crueltychecklist
    Not sure if they'd be able to do anything concrete, as it's likely no laws have been broken, but it may be that they could send an officer round to give guidance and advice.

Looking forward to hearing about your new pup :)

12. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

This must have been a tough call for you but undoubtably the right decision , heaven knows what might be " wrong " with these pups if the breeder was so uncaring :( :(

So good to read that you have now had a positive experience , very exciting for you , looking forward to hearing all about your new puppy :)