4 Month Old Lab Puppy Chewing Sticks

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by tweedy68, Feb 3, 2021.

1. tweedy68

tweedy68 Registered Users

Our 4 month old black lab pup is constantly chewing and ingesting some constantly. Any advice?

2. 5labs

5labs Registered Users

Can you direct her onto appropriate chews/toys instead?

3. Rick71

Rick71 Registered Users

We have two lab puppies this age and it’s a natural thing for them to chew at this age as their teeth develop from baby teeth to permanent teeth. Because of this, it’s important to watch him/her closely and distract their chewing with a toy or chew stick. If your outside to potty train, it’s very important to keep them from eating harmful items like acorns. When they’re in the house, you have to distract them from chewing on you or the furniture. And, because he is a puppy, his attention span is very short, so it’s important to have a large variety of toys for him to chew. The chew toy our dogs love best is the Himalayan Chew Sticks. They are yak cheese with several other organic ingredients that are easily digested. I’ve used nyla bones in the past, but because they’re plastic I decided to change to the organic yak cheese sticks. Yes, they are relatively expensive, but my dogs love them and chew for hours.
    Raising a puppy at her/his age is a full time job. I know, because I have two of them!