4 month puppy sensitive around head area

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Suzanne Loveless, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Suzanne Loveless

Suzanne Loveless Registered Users

my 4 month old lab is sensitive all of a sudden around her head and sometimes when we go to pet in this area she yelps. She's acting a little down too but we just had company so she could be tired. My concern is we feel all around her head,mouth,ears and she doesn't yelp but occasionally when we pet her around there so he does. Could it be teething bothering her? Or something else?

2. Deb - Archie's Human

Deb - Archie's Human Registered Users

It's so tough to have a dog with a health issue. If only they could talk and tell us what is going on!

Have you checked her ears? Our boys get sensitive if their ears are inflamed/infected. If the inside of her ears are reddish and looking a little dirty, she could have an infection.

Hope she is better soon!
    D.

3. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Hi and welcome to the forum.
    I would be taking her to the vet for a check-up. If she has an ear infection or similar, it's best to get it sorted sooner rather than later. They can be a real pain - literally and figuratively.

4. mandyb

mandyb Registered Users

Yes, vet for a check up. It could just be teething but better to be safe than sorry.

5. Samantha Jones

Samantha Jones Registered Users

Hi and welcome I would be calling into the vet just to have a quick check up - like the others have said, better safe than sorry - ear infections can be horrid