5 month Choc Labrador Limping

Discussion in 'Labrador Health' started by Lorraine Seale, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Pilatelover

Pilatelover Registered Users

That’s shocking, how can someone like that be so uncaring. :( I’d be very angry too.

Lorraine Seale likes this.
  2. Atemas

Atemas Registered Users

I have just seen and read your thread. I am so very sorry this is happening to Hunter. What a horrible worrying stressful time. :hug:

3. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Apart from anything else, this should have massive implications for her breeding programme. Quite apart from the fact that your breeder should be a support to you regarding any health issues.

4. Lorraine Seale

Lorraine Seale Registered Users

I got a reply. "Sterkte" and "Beterschap" which means in Dutch stay strong and get well soon!! Not quite the reply that I was expecting. o_O

5. Anne123

Anne123 Registered Users

I am so sorry to read your story!

Can’t you contact the labradorvereniging or raad van beheer to make a complaint about this, at least they should know!

6. selina27

selina27 Registered Users

:|

7. Lorraine Seale

He seemed a lot better today after we gave him his food this morning!! He has a nice bright set of 2 perfect blue stitches and has slept most of the day. Luckily he can now stand without crying. He did manage a prison break this morning at 2:30! I think my husband forgot to lock the crate properly and we were woken up to the noise of Hunter drinking water!! 4th May he gets his stitches out. Hopefully we also get the results back soon to see what is happening with the cells in his elbow. Onward and upwards and we are taking his recovery one day at a time.
    Thank you all again for the replies.:doug:

8. Lorraine Seale

I am re-reading my contract when I bought Hunter. My Dutch is oke maar.......!!!

9. Anne123

Anne123 Registered Users

When you need help, just tell me!

10. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

This must be really tough for you.
    My girl has severe bilateral HD, though we are lucky in that at almost 8 years old she has a very good quality of life and that is avoiding surgery. We consider ourselves lucky.
    I wanted to chip in about stem cell therapy. A Facebook friend has had this done on her boy with fabulous success - they are based in Edinburgh and it was done locally though I am not exactly sure where. I know it's "a study of one" but hope this gives you a little encouragement.

11. Granca

Granca Registered Users

That’s so disappointing that the breeder doesn’t seem to be supportive. It would be useful to know whether any other puppies from the same litter/mating have been affected. Hunter’s in the best place with you and I hope he recovers well. :hug:

12. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

A friend of mine had stem cell therapy on his (human) knee and it was incredible for him. He had to endure SO many surgeries prior to this treatment, but since the stem cell therapy three or four years ago, his problems have disappeared.

13. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

Yes they have mentioned stem cell therapy as a possibility for my knee (damaged through trauma)...a bit too young for a knee replacement :)