5 months old - more changes

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Annamarie Gebar, Sep 17, 2021.

1. Annamarie Gebar

Annamarie Gebar Registered Users

Tomorrow Sophie will be 5 months. Major changes continue to happen. It’s like she’s starting to mature more rapidly week but week.

Yesterday we did a 2 block walk for the first time, in a harness, and she didn’t eat anything! Her pulling is not nearly as bad as before but she does still pull.

She has learned to wait at door thresholds without me telling her! She also knows to sit when we get back in the house to get her leash taken off, without me asking!

She learned “drop it” in 2 days after trying to teach her the weeks in end at 8 weeks, then I gave up for a while. She learns so fast now!

His past week, she has been out of her playpen most of the time and has learned to just chill in her bed or on the rug! I left her alone in the living room to shower and she just chilled on her bed!

Her zoomies are maybe 1-2 times a week now instead of 2 times a day!!

Today we ditched the travel crate in the car and she rode in the back seat just tethered to the headrest and did great!

Tonight we upgraded her to a larger night time crate! Her final crate we will use until she’s able to sleep in just a bed.

She has not bitten me once in 3 weeks!

I never thought I’d get to this point 4-6 weeks ago and was so exhausted, sad, stressed, and frustrated. Not to mention I was afraid of my own dog! Now we wrestle safely, she cuddles up to me, and is a sweet dog!

Tomorrow she is going to be loose in my office with me all day and we will see how she does in a new room! I’ve been working in the living room this week but need to get back to my office...she’s never been in there so it will be all new but it’s puppy proofed and ready for her!

Thank you to everyone who told me to hang in there and that this would all happen eventually. I’m a happy fit mom and love my girl Sophie so much!

sarah@forumHQ, Joy, Chris N and 3 others like this.