5am alarm clock

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Debs, May 7, 2014.

1. Jane Martin

Jane Martin Registered Users

Re: 5am alarm clock

Lovely pictures of the pups. :) Are you happy to let a pup choose you or do you know if you want a boy or a girl? I was wondering what GR is in GR/LAB cross?

2. Debs

Debs Registered Users

Jane, I think it is Golden Retriever. :)

3. Jane Martin

Ha! Thanks Debs ::) And I have just realised Mags is having one of the pups to look after for Blind dogs (I think :-\).

4. Debs

Debs Registered Users

She is! ;D
    I grew up with a golden retriever x lab, she was gorgeous :)

5. teapot57

teapot57 Registered Users

Sorry Debs and Edp. :'(

I'm sure Albert's is all fluke and he's just lulling me into a false sense of security. I'll be back up with the birds in no time methinks! OH says I've gotta have a little faith........

Jan

6. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

[quote author=Jane Martin link=topic=5811.msg84315#msg84315 date=1401698106]
    Lovely pictures of the pups. :) Are you happy to let a pup choose you or do you know if you want a boy or a girl? I was wondering what GR is in GR/LAB cross?
    [/quote]

With Guide Dog puppy walking you get allocated the pup, no choice!

GR = Golden Retriever :)

7. Debs

Debs Registered Users

[quote author=Boogie link=topic=5811.msg84277#msg84277 date=1401688463]
    Tomorrow I will try coming down, telling him to shut up, then going back again - maybe he is afraid he's been left all alone?
    [/quote]

Another 4am get up but slept through until 6am. Tried to ignore the barking until 6.20am (out bedroom in right above the utility room :eek:) , then decided to take a leaf out of Mags book and went down to the bottom of the stairs and gave a very firm "be quiet" - silence! I didn't hear her again until 6.45am! She didn't need to go out and she wasn't hungry, but could be lonely?

8. Boogie

6am today - MUCH better!

(aiming for 7am, we may hit it just as he goes home!!)

9. teapot57

Another 7.00am for Albert. I was up at 6.50 & he was still asleep!!! Looks like we may have cracked it. He is a little superstar I have to say.

Keep trying Debs, you'll get there. Don't go down to the crying she will soon get the message.

Jan.

10. teapot57

Albert has definitely got it!! I woke him at 7.20 this morning and he had been asleep since 10.00pm. What a good little man he is.

Jan

11. Debs

Debs Registered Users

Jan that is fantastic, well done! I had a 5.30am call to go out this morning, then back to bed until the barking started at 6am again! Ignored it until 6.30am and then she got a "be quiet barked at her! Silence only until 6.45am. Feeling a bit jaded!!

12. teapot57

What time do you feed her Debs?? Albert seemed to catch on very quickly once he realised there was no breakfast coming his way any time soon! I ignored his whines completely and they got less each day over 3 days, and I didn't feed him until 7.00 or a bit later. I'm sure she'll get the message soon, just got to persevere and try to ignore her. You know she doesn't really need anything (wee/poo) just your attention!

Good luck

Jan

13. Debs

Debs Registered Users

7am! She's not usually looking for food either. Like you say, she's just after my attention! I just need to be patient ::)

14. Boogie

Zaba barked at 4am today ??? but I came down and opened the door and without going in, said 'be quiet Zaba' sternly - he did, until 6am, when I got him up as I have an early start on Wednesdays.

A small step forward, I think :)

15. teapot57

How's it going Debs? Hope things are looking up with Maisie. I'm afraid to say Albert is in the doghouse!!!

A couple of 5.30's again and 5.45 this morning. I've even made the room pitch black! He gets plenty of exercise. Maybe he goes to sleep too early?? (Around 10.00) We could chase the problem forever & still have no solution. :mad:

Back to ignoring him again till at least 6.30. Ho Hum..........

Jan

16. Debs

Debs Registered Users

Hi, funny I was wondering how you were doing! Sounds like Albert is doing the same as Maisie! ::)

Maisie is waking 5.45am on the dot! I let her out and she is usually desperate for a poo, so I feel I can't ignore her as she has been in the crate for nearly 8 hours! I then put her back and she is sleeping until about 6.30 and then the barking starts! I let her bark for 5 mins or so and then go and tell her to be quiet. I managed to stay in bed til 7am this morning!

17. Debs

Debs Registered Users

Jan, we're back to the 4am get ups and barking from 5.30! Just when I was feeling smug about staying in bed until 7am ::)!!!! I'm blaming it on the very early light mornings to make myself feel better!! How goes it with you?

18. Edp

Edp Registered Users

Well Debs we are with you. 420 wees and 6ish get ups. Hopefully light mornings or else I might go mad by Xmas !!!!

19. Jane Martin

Debs, I'm so tired! Need to get the puppy book out today. My lovely puppy has only just fallen asleep on her own! EEK! Going to get my head down now. zzzzzzz (Still thinking you have to laugh! But actually won't be tinking that if I don't get much sleep tonight) I have decided to get a grip today and stick to the rules. What are they again? ;D

20. Nicmorris

Nicmorris Registered Users

Rules what Rules!!, ;D
    Oh Jane I do feel your pain. I was up at 4:40am with naughty Nellie this morning although partly my fault as I put her to bed at 9:30 as I was so tired!
    Apart from the lack sleep I hope everything is good with little Chepi?