8 days !

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by kateincornwall, Jul 11, 2013.

1. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Can hardly believe that its only eight days since little Millie came to live with us , she has done so well, I am proud of her .
    She has learned her new name , has learned Sit and Stay , her recall gets better every day, she responds well to a high pitched excitable voice , we risked dropping her lead for a few mins at the woods this afternoon , calling her to one another and she responded every time . We`ve had no accidents indoors , she is very affectionate, loves having a fuss made of her , we meet other dogs every day, she is very good ,meeting and greeting very politely .
    She and Sam are lovely together , rubbing along very nicely with the odd chase game around the garden .
    She eats absolutely anything and appears to have cast iron guts , all in all, we are thrilled with her and so is the big lad :)

2. lynnelogan

lynnelogan Registered Users

Re: 8 days !

no surprise kate.......got a very good loving home with a big guy to protect her.......knew she would settle in just fine :)

3. Karen

Karen Registered Users

That's so wonderful, you've not had an easy time of late, you totally deserve Millie -and she deserves you! X

4. kateincornwall

Just as long as she doesnt drop any little surprises ;)

5. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Awwww...

My parents lived in Australia for several years, and they took on an Australian Shepherd advertised as 'Of no further use'. When they turned up, she leapt straight into the back of their van, so there was no question but that Sally was there to stay...

Six weeks later she gave birth to eight healthy pups!!! ;D they found good homes for all, and kept one themselves...

6. kateincornwall

Thanks Karen, thats very helpful ;)

7. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

8 or 9 little millies x unknown... wonder what they would be like... super cute, bound to be...

8. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Just knew you'd like that story Kate :)

9. kateincornwall

The " unknown " bit is the worry Julie , anyway , she isnt, I have decided :)

You have a wicked streak Karen ;)

10. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Imagine how cute Millie's puppies would be though...

I can't believe it's only been 8 days either. She is absolutely perfect, isn't she :)

11. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

Yay!! Glad to hear all continues to go well!! I'm intrigued by the name change...I wanted to change Simba's name (ridiculous to give a dog a CAT name :mad: :mad:) but hubby and older son wouldn't have it, so Simba it is. Kinda fits him now.... He IS a bit of a ridiculous dog, after all.... ::)