9 months old lab nervous

Discussion in 'Labrador Behavior' started by Sonja Helin, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Sonja Helin

Sonja Helin Registered Users

Hi,
    I was thinking of asking here if someone could help me to understand our lab a bit.

We have two 9 months old male labradors and they are polar opposites.
    The other one is very friendly, listens to what we say and is also very cuddly. The other one is the one I'm kinda worried about. He's always been very nervous, he plays rough (bites down hard and doesn't let go) and doesn't listen to anything we say. Both are from the same litter and they have had the same experiences and training. They both get along with other dogs no problem since we go to the dog park often.

I know that all dogs are different but this dog only keeps to himself and barks so much at everything, even at us for no reason. He's scared of everything and fights against us every chance he get's. He still likes to come and cuddle but very rarely, and even then if you try to move he will try and keep you down until he get's bored of cuddling.

Can someone help me understand our dog a bit better and how to help him feel less stressed and more comfortable with his surroundings? He is a very lovely dog other wise and I'd love to understand what goes trough his mind.

2. Michael A Brooks

Michael A Brooks Registered Users

@Sonja Helin

Sorry to hear about the issues.

Getting two dogs from the same litter is not a good idea. Getting two dogs at the same age is also a poor idea.

I would hire a positive dog behaviourist/trainer to come in and evaluate your dog. And suggest a treatment plan.

In the interim, you can try an adaptil collar. It is not a certainty, but it might work with your dog.