A few questions !

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Carebear32, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Carebear32

Carebear32 Registered Users

Hi all.

Just a few questions. How much sleep should puppies need durning the day ?
    Feeding! she is getting fed at 8am 1pm 5pm 11pm. When does she go down to 3 meals. And would you change her feeding times around. She will be 9 weeks on Wednesday and she is with us 5 days now.

Crate ! She goes into her crate happily and seems to love it. Just wondering durning the day when she is asleep is it okay to close her door while I do a few things round the house. I do check on her every 15 mins or so. And when I am finished I open the door which she does normally still be sleeping.

Thanks guys.

2. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Re: A few questions !

Hi Clare , pups of this age will sleep a lot , lots of frantic activity followed by a collapse ;D ;D
    I used to worry that Sam slept too much, but he didnt, they just need to recharge the batteries ;)
    Fine to close her crate door whilst you are busy , gives you peace of mind .
    Re feeding , I would tend to alter those times a little but keep to four meals per day, suggest 8 a.m. then about 12 , then 4 and last meal at around 8 , this will give her time to digest and get rid of the excess before bed ;)
    Most pups have four meals per day until about 4 months of ageish , then down to three and finally at around 6 months you can drop to two .