Am I doing this right?

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Diane0712, Dec 9, 2016.

1. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

I don't like puppies. I find them very annoying with their biting, constant need to have a wee, complete lack of personality, and the concentration span of a fruit fly.

Now Betsy is coming up to 8 months, I'm starting to enjoy her company much more. She is still a bit bland compared to Charlie, but now definitely developing a personality.

Well, lots of training is a good thing. The more training you get done, the better. You don't have to 'entertain' them, you know. They would very much like you to do so 24/7 but between me and my dogs anyway, that's not the deal. I just explain to them I have to work - otherwise we run out of money for dog treats - so they have to settle down until the laptop closes. Sometimes that's after a delightfully short time and so it's play time (for them and for me) and sometimes unfortunately, we don't get much play time. Tough luck, that's life.

On the whole, we get to do lots of stuff, we do lots of training, walks, new places, fun stuff, but we have to work too - and the dogs have to get used to that.

Diane0712 and Kelsey Danielle like this.